• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Asus HD 7970 Matrix Platinum 3072MB GDDR5 **IN STOCK**

Associate
The card is installed and I'm doing some gentle testing using Heaven. Card seems great but after years of using Rivatuner/Afterburner I'd echo Rossi's comments on GPUTweak.

I need to spend some more time with it but it doesn't seem to work with this card :(

Regards
Fred

Associate
i cant seem to get any overclock whatsoever on my card, 1100mhz seems to be the best it does lyk :/ maby i just suck at overclocking these new cards. lol. i couldnt overclock the last 5870 i had either...

ok, so i tryed harder, got it at 1225mhz on the core 1325mv and 899mv VDDCI (not too sure what effect this will have) and 7000mhz memory 1650mv. stable on borderlands 2. (loadline calibration at 100% and power target at 120% are these right?) custom fan profile working, but its absolute bolloks with the square wave. not smooth atall!! what about VRM clock?

Last edited:
Soldato
i cant seem to get any overclock whatsoever on my card, 1100mhz seems to be the best it does lyk :/ maby i just suck at overclocking these new cards. lol. i couldnt overclock the last 5870 i had either...

ASUS have said that every card should be able to do 1200 core at least and i believe them. Here's a simple overclock.

In GPU Tweak, put the power limit all the way up.
Core Voltage up to 1300
Slide the gpu core up to 1200MHz.
You should also be able to just slide the memory up to 7000 without doing anything else either.

Apply and test with Heaven for 20 minutes, if stable then save that overclock to a profile.

Soldato
Indeed that will help!!
Ideally you'd want to keep the temperature below 80c. However, the te custom fan profile doesn't work properly.
You can bring the core voltage down in stages now, until it gets unstable the. Raise it up a little again. 1300mv is more than required but somewhere to start.

Soldato
Out of interest what is the burn button for in GPU Tweak?

Cheers
Fred

The "Burn" function writes the current settings straight to the BIOS so they will be completely default. Meaning you could find the perfect 24/7 overclock and fan profile, write it to the BIOS and uninstall GPU Tweak.
I don't suggest you use this just yet.

If it goes **** up then you can press the "Safe" button on the card itself which loads the factory defaults to the BIOS.

How's it going with GPU Tweak?
If you create a custom (User Define) fan profile does it link to the GPU temperature or VDDC temperature like mine does?
Also, does it do so only with Fan2? Leaving Fan1 escalating in speed exactly as the Auto setting does?

Associate
Great idea that burn button. I used to do that with previous cards, find a stable gaming core speed and voltage, modify the bios accordingly and flash. Then you can remove overclocming software. Shame you can't mod 79xx BIOSes :mad:

Associate
card seems ok lyk, dont think its THAT much faster than my 5870 at the end of the day, lol. cant believe i only got £70 in my pocket for selling it thanks to ebays monumental fees. most gutting thing about my purchase is i didnt get any of the free games that it was supposed to come with :( Emailed OCUK yesterday, but as of now, still no reply :(:(

Soldato
card seems ok lyk, dont think its THAT much faster than my 5870 at the end of the day, lol. cant believe i only got £70 in my pocket for selling it thanks to ebays monumental fees. most gutting thing about my purchase is i didnt get any of the free games that it was supposed to come with :( Emailed OCUK yesterday, but as of now, still no reply :(:(

All Orders placed on the 22nd October 2012 and after shall recieve FREE copies of FARCRY3, Hitman Absolution, Sleeping Dogs PC Games along with 20% off the latest Medal of Honor WarFighter. This bundle is worth in the region of £100 and is completely FREE (Subject to availability) - You will recieve your gamecode from 2nd November onwards in the email address you provided when placing your order!

Back
Top Bottom