Asus ROG Ally

Soldato
How does Returnal run on this? Got a steam deck but wondering if i should sell and put towards one of these.
I've only ran it with the xg 3080 docked to a monitor, I'll try it as is in a bit for you.

As a side note one of the best games for years imo, beat it on ps5 but it's awesome using mouse and keyboard

Loading it up now and the first thing it stated was that the hardware is not recommended or supported :p let's try..

Last edited:
Soldato
@Wilko_Dog so it's 'okay' a few stutters (apparently setting gpu to 8gb resolves this but got to do some stuff now)

1080p low was about 30-35 fps, 720p was about 40-45.

Performance mode 25w on battery for the above.

Soldato
@Wilko_Dog so it's 'okay' a few stutters (apparently setting gpu to 8gb resolves this but got to do some stuff now)

1080p low was about 30-35 fps, 720p was about 40-45.

Performance mode 25w on battery for the above.

Thanks for that, sounds pretty decent, can imagine it being quite a demanding game with all the effects it can have on screen as well.

Definitely right about it being one of the best games in years I absolutely loved it, probably one of the 1st games other then the original MGS that I've completed multiple times.

Soldato
Thanks for that, sounds pretty decent, can imagine it being quite a demanding game with all the effects it can have on screen as well.

Definitely right about it being one of the best games in years I absolutely loved it, probably one of the 1st games other then the original MGS that I've completed multiple times.
Yeah bare in mind that was first biome and a room of about 6/7 enemies, I can't see it playing that nice as you progress through the game and you have enemies and projectiles everywhere

Soldato
How are you controlling cities Skylines in the Ally as far as i could see it doesn't have joypad control?

You can create a template through armoury crate so that gamepad controls the mouse, works well.

However for me the presets don't work through Moonlight (Moonlight on Ally, Sunshine on the desktop), so as I'm streaming the desktop I've installed ReWASD onto my desktop, and I just adjust the controller preset for cities skylines on the dektop.

It's brill!

Associate
I dont have such luxuries on my Aokzoe, so i need to find some 3rd party tool, i can switch to mousr mode but found it a bit janky so gave up, perhaps i should try harder

Soldato
I dont have such luxuries on my Aokzoe, so i need to find some 3rd party tool, i can switch to mousr mode but found it a bit janky so gave up, perhaps i should try harder
Just use ReWASD. it does the same as armory crate.

I cannot run cities skylines modded on my Ally tho, hence streaming from my desktop, not enough resources, even with 50gb page file, it won't run, got 6000 assets.

Last edited:
Associate
I'll give that a shot thanks,

Yup it does like a bit of RAM, fortunately I do have that but whether it will run nice dunno thought it should be good as the CPU core performance of this little chip betters my 5950x :o Zen4 is a beast

Funnily enough I have also set a pagefile, old habits, 60Gb here.

Last edited:
Soldato
Xg 3080 on my 4k TV ultra settings for returnal at 50 fps, good bye ps5 :D

Because of how the 3080 can be flat, it works well when chilling on the sofa with it too, awesome

Last edited:
Associate
Yup the console on these is not amazing, my device is a sister device to the onexfly running all the same stuff, Asus Armoury crate looks amazing.

Back
Top Bottom