Asus ROG Ally

Soldato
OP
Looks a bit chunky so guessing battery life will be better than the Rog. Not why there's a button directly behind the controller, can see accidental presses

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

microSD card slot on the top... However it has 2 usb c ports

Soldato

microSD card slot on the top... However it has 2 usb c ports

Is this good news?

Or bad?

Soldato
'sideloading' new drivers

Seems interesting although no real firm confirmation if it improves performance or not (posts suggesting big gains without context and then others stating no real change).

Might have a play myself if I either remember or find the time (more often than not I pick it up, play on it and then forget about everything else I wanted to test / try).

I did see a few posts mentioning a 900p option which looks to be via a Reg edit. Might have to give that a look as that resolution can often be the "sweet spot" between 720p and 1080p in terms of clarity and performance.

Soldato
OP
Seems interesting although no real firm confirmation if it improves performance or not (posts suggesting big gains without context and then others stating no real change).

Might have a play myself if I either remember or find the time (more often than not I pick it up, play on it and then forget about everything else I wanted to test / try).

I did see a few posts mentioning a 900p option which looks to be via a Reg edit. Might have to give that a look as that resolution can often be the "sweet spot" between 720p and 1080p in terms of clarity and performance.
That driver deffo helps if you're using yuzu, you don't get any artifacts on a certain big game. Yep 900 deffo seems interesting.

Last edited:
Soldato
For anyone wondering what support for the Ally using the purple store is like, just discovered my unit no longer reads SD cards.

Webchat said I had to call their phone line.
Called their phone line, they just gave me another phone number and fobbed me to deal with ASUS directly.
Asus phone was not available, so had to send a webnote.

Fun times!

Soldato
OCUK don’t sell the Ally or this category. You can say Currys.

You can’t say Currys or even ‘the purple store’ in relation to things OCUK sell.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom