• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: ASUS STRIX 1080 OC UPDATE, WHO WANTS A STRIX GAMER OC INSTEAD? (POLL)

Would you like to change your Strix OC to a Strix Gamer OC?

• YES: I am happy to switch to the Gamer OC or none OC Strix!!

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • NO: I will wait for the Strix OC card, no matter how long it takes!!

Votes: 52 69.3%

• Total voters
OcUK Staff
OP
Lol they offereing you the a card 2 models lower for same money.

Why on earth would you take it :confused:

Gaming is 1 model lower, Strix none OC is two models lower. All three cards however are identical, only clocks different.

Were giving customers options, that is what I call great service, of course those who wish to wait for the OC can do so and will have their order honoured at original price.

Associate
Gaming is 1 model lower, Strix none OC is two models lower. All three cards however are identical, only clocks different.

Were giving customers options, that is what I call great service, of course those who wish to wait for the OC can do so and will have their order honoured at original price.

Thanks Gibbo, for the chance to get the strix gaming card, let's hope that we get the 200 votes.

Associate
So why is asus doing this ?
Are you suggesting that the cards with the lower clocks out of the box wont reach as high as those OC ones if you try to overclock them?

If yes, than that's not really desirable right ?
If no, then I don't see a reason why OC version costs +100£ if you can just buy a nonOC one, save 100£, flash bios from OC one and profit ?

That's interesting.. :cool:

OcUK Staff
OP
So why is asus doing this ?
Are you suggesting that the cards with the lower clocks out of the box wont reach as high as those OC ones if you try to overclock them?

If yes, than that's not really desirable right ?
If no, then I don't see a reason why OC version costs +100£ if you can just buy a nonOC one, save 100£, flash bios from OC one and profit ?

That's interesting.. :cool:

OC is not guaranteed, they are un-tested so it could be a case of both yes and no, overclocking is never a guarantee.

Associate
OC is not guaranteed, they are un-tested so it could be a case of both yes and no, overclocking is never a guarantee.
aaaaha :) ok cool. I read in some other thread the price is crazy high due to "high demand". I guess I will just wait for the price drop but I gotta tell you...this 750Ti is not any good and I need a proper card asap :D

Soldato

Yes didn't mean any offence ocuk does offer great service and more options for the customer the better.

Associate
As it looks like its not very likely that there will be more than 100 votes for this. =/

The Gaming OC swap will be available anyway or it totally depends on this poll?

Soldato
ASUS goofed by offering a product they could not actually deliver. If they cared about the people who trusted them they should offer those two cards at the price they were when people ordered them and be a man about it.

This is seriously weak.

Soldato
I absolutely will not support the idea that ASUS can fail to deliver and then get paid the same amount of money for giving us a WORSE card. Absolutely not.

Take the gigabyte deal instead. You paid ASUS for a better product. Do not let them have that money for an inferior one!

I'm not angry at OCUK or anything for trying to offer us alternatives. But this absolutely stinks of BS. If ASUS want to offer us a worse product for our money, they can refund us the difference between the OC and Gamer. They clearly think the Gamer is significantly worse. It's insulting quite frankly. It's like Tescos failing to deliver your food order and instead asking if you want half of it for the same price.

Like I said though, I appreciate OCUK trying to offer alternatives. I just refuse to give ASUS my money in this bad deal. Give it to another manufacture who didn't fail to deliver. Offering a switch to a Zotac extreme would likely see us abandoning ASUS in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Associate
I vote dont know where i am in que but if i can get em monday or Tuesday will be great

OC3099861

Want just 2 strix cards i will water cool an overclock myself if i can

Craig

Soldato
So what are the Strix OC exchange options at the moment, not including these.

A Gigabyte G1 instead. A much better choice when you consider that ASUS are basically expecting you to pay for an OC and get given a cheaper card. Much better to give your money to another company instead otherwise ASUS are just getting a better deal out of failing to deliver.

Then there is the questions surrounding if these are binned or not. I know Gibbo has said they're simply untested though.

Back
Top Bottom