Australian Grand Prix 2016, Melbourne - Race 1/21

Associate
From that video, am I right in thinking that the 1 medium tyre is just there to spice things up in the race, with most drivers ignoring it because they wont have any data on it as they only have 1?

Caporegime
From that video, am I right in thinking that the 1 medium tyre is just there to spice things up in the race, with most drivers ignoring it because they wont have any data on it as they only have 1?

It's there because Pirelli mandated a set. Expect most people with 1 set to use it in P1.

Soldato

It could be worth a punt from someone wanting to go extra long here or extra short (in some other races).

I'm sure it will be used to effect from time to time, but expect the big teams to be very conservative (soft and super-soft in Albert Park). This is for chancers, hoping to luck into some points (Manor obviously stand out given their choice).

Caporegime
True. Pirelli seem keen to pick one each of the 3 as their pick, so it seems like there will always been an odd ball, or maybe just useless wasted tyre.

There's nothing to stop Pirelli choosing 3 of the same compound as their pick (which they may well do at Monaco).

Caporegime
Probably just go for the highlights this time round.
I got up last year, tempted to this year as it's first race, but I kind of know it's gonna be a merc romp

But there is that small iota of hope Ferrari or someone might get in.
Not sure.. The opener will dictate my interest for the year I'm feeling. Which did get to highlights on iplayer last year at the end

Man of Honour
Guess I will tune in as it's the first race of the season and try and get a feel for what the year holds. Be nice to see a new team/name/driver taking it to the old names, but I fear it will be a Mercedes/Ferrari year with the Silver cars still holding an edge.

Associate
Tyre selections....

CdCHZiUWIAE2VKz.jpg

Back
Top Bottom