Poll: Bacon butties - with or without butter?

Bacon Butties

• without Butter / without Sauce

• without Butter / with Ketchup

• without Butter / with Brown Sauce

• with Butter / without Sauce

• with Butter / with Ketchup

• with Butter / with Brown Sauce

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Soldato
Why in heavens name would you need butter the bacon should be covered in the lovely bacon grease from the pan as it is put on the bread? Sauce I can go either way brown or nothing. Butter is reserved for truck stop sarnies made with tasteless danish bacon.

Associate
sounds like something I heard an 8 year old say when i was in primary school

Well congrats to that 8 year old for being so well versed in the mechanisms of cancer metastasis.

It's a thread about bacon sarnies, nobody gives a **** if they increase the risk of cancer by a couple of %.

Butter or no butter?

Soldato
Well congrats to that 8 year old for being so well versed in the mechanisms of cancer metastasis.

It's a thread about bacon sarnies, nobody gives a **** if they increase the risk of cancer by a couple of %.

Butter or no butter?

another tasteless childish comment

Associate
make sure you cook the bacon properly, this is on todays news lol

Given my job, I have no issue with cooking things properly.

Just so you're aware, lettuce, leafy greens etc. are one of, if not the most common cause of food borne illnesses. Even if more prevalent in meats, they're generally cooked before serving which reduces risk.

Soldato
it also has a preservative on it that when exposed to high temp can form nitrosamines that are known to be caner causing
Lovely. If the cancer from spam doesn't get me, the cancer from the well cooked bacon will, or the butter, or the processed bread, or probably the brown sauce.

It's funny you should pull me up on it regards spam in a thread about bacon, when bacon is right up there on the list of foods that include nitrates.

Either way I'll take my chances not like I'm eating either on a daily basis.

Last edited:
Caporegime
make sure you cook the bacon properly, this is on todays news lol

I like how the headline is completely different to what the article says
"On further questioning, the patient denied eating raw or street food but admitted to a habit of eating lightly cooked, non-crispy bacon for most of his life," said the study in the American Journal Of Case Reports.

Researchers said they believe the infection was "transmitted via autoinfection after improper handwashing after he had contracted taeniasis himself from his eating habits".
so basically he touched the raw meat, didn't wash his hands and then touched food with those hands, or put them in his mouth

even light cooking would kill any eggs in something as thin as bacon

60c for a few minutes is enough to kill worm eggs, so unless hes cooking his bacon in the suns rays..

Last edited:
Associate
No sauce for me with bacon bap, the butter would depends on the bread I'm using.
If I'm using regular bread then I'll have butter, but for something like a panini or ciabatta, I won't use any because I'll warm the those in the juices in the frying pan.

Sausage sandwhich is always mustard.

Back
Top Bottom