Bahrain Grand Prix 2016, Sakhir - Race 2/21

Caporegime
He didn't quit the Sport then did he? Which is completely the point JRS was alluding to.

I wasn't replying to JRS, I was replying to you. Having a contract means squat. If Alonso wants out (to go to another team or to retire) then he will find a way out.

Soldato
Anyone else think that if he were in a Merc. or Ferrari he would be driving come hell or high water?

Actually, if he were driving anything else he would probably tell the FIA medic to get stuffed :p

smr

smr

Soldato
I wasn't replying to JRS, I was replying to you. Having a contract means squat. If Alonso wants out (to go to another team or to retire) then he will find a way out.

You're arguing with yourself then as I didn't say anywhere that if he wanted to end his contract early he couldn't ... if you actually read what I posted properly it said that I don't think he will end his contract early and will want to see it out - especially because of the 2017 regulations which could shake the grid up a bit. ie. if he's milling about in the midfield at the moment - which he is - 2017 could be a completely different story and McLaren could be right up at the front - thus I think he will stay to see if that happens.

Oh and some Alonso quotes from today - doesn't sound like a man who wants to retire from F1 anytime soon....

“I will stay here over the weekend and help Stoffel because it is a good opportunity for him. I [will] help the team because I love what I do, Formula 1 and racing.

“I will miss this race but I also want to learn from the outside how the team prepares for the race and the reaction around the new qualifying system, the race itself and the strategy and the pitstop moments.

“I want to get involved in everything from the outside because it could help me on the inside in the next race. It’s a step forward that we need to do together and hopefully help the team because I am very thankful for the job they did last week.

Last edited:
Soldato
Good point. Thats the only reason the FIA have their fingers in the WEC pie, its to allow the ACO to put the 'W' at the front :p.

The Blancpain series could probably sustain a World Championship if they wanted, all be it probably a very Europe centered one with a few fly away races to keep costs under control.

What channel is the Blancpain series on? I should start watching it (I used to follow the FIA GT series when I could).

They stream it on YouTube - officially - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-yHapH6mW1ceZ_5PDUf1_g

Soldato
“I will stay here over the weekend and help Stoffel because it is a good opportunity for him. I [will] help the team because I love what I do, Formula 1 and racing.

“I will miss this race but I also want to learn from the outside how the team prepares for the race and the reaction around the new qualifying system, the race itself and the strategy and the pitstop moments.

“I want to get involved in everything from the outside because it could help me on the inside in the next race. It’s a step forward that we need to do together and hopefully help the team because I am very thankful for the job they did last week.

Sounds like the sort of PR BS a rookie would come out with.

Back
Top Bottom