Baldur's Gate 3

According to Steam, only 20% of players finish BG3.
I imagine that's because of 2 reasons.

First is that as a single player game, due to its length, it could get a bit boring and over whelming towards even act 2, that you may give up. I don't know how people play it single player given each fight you have to organise all 4 characters.

The other being that for those playing it in coop, it's a lengthy game, and to find time to play it is one thing, but if you jsut got together and played it 1/2 evenings a week, it would take months to finish, and by then you could easily forget where and what you were doing.

I played with my partner over the Xmas break, and if it hasn't been for that big gap of nothing to have to do for 2 odd weeks, I don't know how we'd have got it done

Soldato
I imagine that's because of 2 reasons.

First is that as a single player game, due to its length, it could get a bit boring and over whelming towards even act 2, that you may give up. I don't know how people play it single player given each fight you have to organise all 4 characters.

The other being that for those playing it in coop, it's a lengthy game, and to find time to play it is one thing, but if you jsut got together and played it 1/2 evenings a week, it would take months to finish, and by then you could easily forget where and what you were doing.

I played with my partner over the Xmas break, and if it hasn't been for that big gap of nothing to have to do for 2 odd weeks, I don't know how we'd have got it done

You finished the game in 2 weeks? It's taken me 3 months.

Associate
Finished. Just under 300 hours, almost all of those on the Steam Deck.

I enjoyed Act 3 just as much as 1 and 2, in fact more so in some places; for me the shadow-cursed lands grated a bit after a while. My party throughout almost the entire game was a Dark urge human fighter as avatar, Shadowheart and Gale pretty much constantly and Astarion/Lae'zel depending on whether I needed more tankiness or not. Mainly because I just loved the characters and their depiction. I toyed with other characters occasionally just to progress their stories, but I honestly wish I hadn't, in fact in general I wish I hadn't played it with a completist mindset and just relaxed and gone with the flow for a few reasons, firstly because it would reward more playthroughs with the other characters, but also because you can easily max out at L12 right at the beginning of Act 3. That would be my main advice to anyone starting out- relax and play the story, go with your instincts when you make choices, and don't try to find everything in one playthrough- you'll have more fun.

A mate of mine missed Gale and Lae'zel altogether on his first run, then went back and found them in another playthrough. I'm kinda jealous.

Brilliant game though, absolutely epic in scale and worth every cent in my book.

Back
Top Bottom