Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Associate
Just had a great round of TDM. I lost, but it was great.

I know because at the end, some kid named "W055A" told me to **** off and called me a peadophile. Always good to know you've made a difference to someone's life.

In his case, I think it was killing him with a pistol twice, each time letting him empty and entire clip into the walls around me first (full auto, and moving, of course).

Happy days.

the tanks were there simply to pick off people from the opposition team who were making a run for our flags.

I'd rather a tank move towards a flag and help capture it, taking out a few people before being blown up than just sit on the outside of the map racking up 30 kills and 0 deaths but contributing nothing towards the actual flag capturing.

Just thought I'd highlight this disparity. Tanks doing nothing sure are a pain, but if they are stopping a counter-attack they AREN'T doing nothing.

Last edited:
Underboss
As you said, tanks wouldn't last two minutes, but so what? That's the risk you take. I'd rather a tank move towards a flag and help capture it, taking out a few people before being blown up than just sit on the outside of the map racking up 30 kills and 0 deaths but contributing nothing towards the actual flag capturing.

But then our team has lost the armour support meaning their armour could possibly push up and re-cap the flag, meaning we lost possibly x2 tickets for no reason. Better to sit back and try to keep the tanks at bay from a distance.

Zavod is a rubbish map for armour, way to small and confined.

Soldato
Just thought I'd highlight this disparity. Tanks doing nothing sure are a pain, but if they are stopping a counter-attack they AREN'T doing nothing.

I think you had to be there to see. My description of them attacking our flags perhaps wasn't accurate - they were loitering in the woods and the tank was on the edge of the map just picking them off. It's not like there was a convoy of tanks making an assault.

But then our team has lost the armour support meaning their armour could possibly push up and re-cap the flag, meaning we lost possibly x2 tickets for no reason. Better to sit back and try to keep the tanks at bay from a distance.

Zavod is a rubbish map for armour, way to small and confined.

But there was no 'keeping tanks at bay from a distance' - it was purely "yey lets kill all the infantry who come towards us but make no effort to push up and capture flags" - stupid.

Funny how you mention that their armour push up and capture the flag yet say our team should hold back...

Underboss
I think you had to be there to see. My description of them attacking our flags perhaps wasn't accurate - they were loitering in the woods and the tank was on the edge of the map just picking them off. It's not like there was a convoy of tanks making an assault.

But there was no 'keeping tanks at bay from a distance' - it was purely "yey lets kill all the infantry who come towards us but make no effort to push up and capture flags" - stupid.

Funny how you mention that their armour push up and capture the flag yet say our team should hold back...

We could spend days highlighting what's wrong and what's right with this!

When I meant their armour to push up I didn't mean to sit on the flag, I meant to support the infantry that were pushing the flag - that's what I try and do, I don't cap flags but I try and be at a safe enough distance to help those who are.

Hold on, why was Mr I don't like, shotguns, recon, vehicles, campers, big maps, small maps, round maps, explosives and generally anything to do with BF4 playing Zavod. You rage quit after 10mins generally, learn your lesson. Some players play defensive armour, some player play offensive armour.

You pay the money, you play the game how you want. You just got to accept it, or create a no shotgun, no explosve, no vehicle, no camper server.

Soldato
We could spend days highlighting what's wrong and what's right with this!

When I meant their armour to push up I didn't mean to sit on the flag, I meant to support the infantry that were pushing the flag - that's what I try and do, I don't cap flags but I try and be at a safe enough distance to help those who are.

Hold on, why was Mr I don't like, shotguns, recon, vehicles, campers, big maps, small maps, round maps, explosives and generally anything to do with BF4 playing Zavod. You rage quit after 10mins generally, learn your lesson. Some players play defensive armour, some player play offensive armour.

You pay the money, you play the game how you want. You just got to accept it, or create a no shotgun, no explosve, no vehicle, no camper server.

Not sure my preference of game mode has any bearing on this particular topic as we're discussing the effectiveness of armour at capturing flags.

What I do know is that last night some members of the team were too concerned with getting cheap kills on infantry from the absolute edge of the map that they didn't push up or do anything to support the team in the capturing of the flags. I'm almost certain it's because the end of round satisfaction at getting a 30-0 KD ratio is more important than the wider objective.

Underboss
If they introduced a 'pathfinder' or 'on point' bonus of 250 points for the first person to a flag then it would encourage flag capping more IMO.
I think this is a good idea.

Not sure my preference of game mode has any bearing on this particular topic as we're discussing the effectiveness of armour at capturing flags.

What I do know is that last night some members of the team were too concerned with getting cheap kills on infantry from the absolute edge of the map that they didn't push up or do anything to support the team in the capturing of the flags. I'm almost certain it's because the end of round satisfaction at getting a 30-0 KD ratio is more important than the wider objective.

Right you are - as I said we will be arguing this until the BF5 release so my final comments on the matter are, they play however they so wish, they got kills from what they did so were helping bleed the enemy teams tickets, personally I would rather our armour stay up doing this than get C4'd capping a flag that infy should be pushing/holding.

And yes your preference of game mode has no bearing on this particular topic but if you play maps with armour this is what you will get. Simple

I'm out, I'd rather play the game than argue about it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Latest Video Montage - everyone loves a montage!

Presenting you the Nexus Montage, some clips from Christmas Eve gunning for Nexus!

Decent hitreg or lack thereof clip towards the end.

Enjoy

Nice! Thanks m8! :)

Love the description too :D

So many times when you have a heli coming straight at you, the hit never regs, even when it is literally right at the front of you :o

PS. I think we need to nerf you when in the gunner seat! Too stronk!

Well this is all strictly my opinion and only from casual observation while playing but from what I've seen with the high rate of fire and controlled spread on the AA's cannon even a low skilled player can just keep applying damage on helis from right across the map well outside the engagement range of the heli and with very little trouble with regard to tracking - on open maps without lots of buildings to hide behind it seems entirely broken to me - they need to slightly back off the rate of fire and increase the spread a lot beyond medium range.

Depends on map size etc. Take golmud for example, if they are in their own half then you won't be able to do much significant damage to the aircraft but on say zavod, you can take the helis out very easily.

The problem is if they nerf AA completely then aircraft will rape once again on maps like golmud......

I hated BF 3 because of the aircraft domination, at least you can do something against tanks but when you got someone like westie, joe etc. in the jet/heli there is very little you can do. I remember playing a round with westie in the jet on bf 3 and despite the other team having about 4 soflams and loads of stinger guys etc., they still couldn't take him down! :D

The main thing that needs a buff in bf 4 is the attack heli.

@wndsr

bh08xLE.jpg

:p

Again it depends entirely on the map for vehicles.

That map you were on with me is probably the worse for tanks (zavod), if you go in the middle or try capping flags you are just going to get surrounded by 5 or more engis with rpgs (they only need 2/3 straight on shots at the back and you are dead) or even worse get c4'd or go over a mine/slam (spotting is broken in this game still + not all slams etc. get destroyed when a tank shell is fired near them)

IMO tanks are for support and infantry are the ones that should be pushing in to get the flags.

If I am in a tank, I only go for open area flags, never ones where there are lots of flanking positions/areas that I can get shot from and not be able to defend myself i.e golmud, no problems capping e, F, D, G, but come to C, no way! Unless the buildings are completely destroyed and A and B are just too risky to.

The way I look at it is that its better to hold of the people and armour etc. trying to get to our flags rather than racing in and trying to cap a flag, chances are you will get killed which wastes two tickets and you lose an extremely powerful vehicle that could have been holding the enemy back, instead they can now progress and cap C and D etc.

Not only that but you can provide a path way for the infantry etc. to push up, if I wasn't in the tank near B, our team probably wouldn't have got the B flag, at least not as easily since there were tons of infantry around there and luckily for my team, most of them were trying to take me out.

Also, another reason I stayed on that side of the woods is because it is the path that the enemy team use to get our F and E flag, I took down a number of transport vehicles (helis included) trying to get there.

You need to keep our back flags otherwise they can backrage us on C and D and then we would just get pushed back to spawn like the last match on zavod last night.

We did win the round too, by 323 tickets! :p

As xfactor (a great tanker imo) has said many times before, a tank is only as strong as the infantry supporting it.

Personally I don't think people should try to cap all the flags either, if you have the majority then just stay and defend the flags, there is no need to cap the last 2 or so flags as we will already win if we just defend the current ones.

If you get everyone going for the flags and no one defending areas/points then the other team can split up and take more flags easily.

I have still capped more flags than the majority of people on my friends list too! So :p

Flags captured 2,511
Flags defended 2,630

PS.

It wasn't 30-0 but 43-1 :p

I do agree with you overall about vehicles and k/d and not requiring loads of skill (although jets and helis do require a lot of skill to use).

In my eyes, vehicle/tank gameplay is more about strategy/tactics.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter much since it's just a game and pub play :p

If they introduced a 'pathfinder' or 'on point' bonus of 250 points for the first person to a flag then it would encourage flag capping more IMO.

no more points for flags please!

You already get a ton of points for just capping flags, can be in the top 3 without many kills if you just attack and defend flags.

I know because at the end, some kid named "W055A" told me to **** off and called me a peadophile. Always good to know you've made a difference to someone's life.

Lol :D

Soldato
I knew a time would come when you would use that photo against me.

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one Nex. I miss when we used to play Lockers - you were cool then :(

Caporegime
I knew a time would come when you would use that photo against me.

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one Nex. I miss when we used to play Lockers - you were cool then :(

Serves your right you noob! :D :p

I like most of the maps and really like lockers for some cluster **** action but not 24/7! :p

PS.

I bet it was you who disliked Josh's video? :p

Soldato
Serves your right you noob! :D :p

I like most of the maps and really like lockers for some cluster **** action but not 24/7! :p

PS.

Did you dislike Josh's video? :p

Ha - no I didn't. I only watched a couple of seconds.

Last night I did try hitting some choppers with the tank but my shells always seemed to bounce off.

Man of Honour
Depends on map size etc. Take golmud for example, if they are in their own half then you won't be able to do much significant damage to the aircraft but on say zavod, you can take the helis out very easily.

The problem is if they nerf AA completely then aircraft will rape once again on maps like golmud......

I hated BF 3 because of the aircraft domination, at least you can do something against tanks but when you got someone like westie, joe etc. in the jet/heli there is very little you can do. I remember playing a round with westie in the jet on bf 3 and despite the other team having about 4 soflams and loads of stinger guys etc., they still couldn't take him down! :D

The main thing that needs a buff in bf 4 is the attack heli.

I'd rather it was a zone around the AA that it could rape a heli and a bit of a chance to escape from it if you leave that zone - then you could use them strategically to cover objectives or force the enemies positioning but without being OP.

Attack heli is okish IMO when you have some of the upgrades for it but its really hard to get them without dying a LOT in the meantime to get there. Only thing I really have trouble with in the attack heli is the AA lol that nails me hard :(

Associate
Just gimme 1hit kills with tanks on choppers back..
If i hit a chopper over 300 meters with a tankshell i deserve a kill..

Other then that, EA servers have been absolutely ****e today, even more bs hitreg then normal. One of these days im throwing my pc out of the window because of these *****.
(fifa was the same lagfest)

Caporegime
I'd rather it was a zone around the AA that it could rape a heli and a bit of a chance to escape from it if you leave that zone - then you could use them strategically to cover objectives or force the enemies positioning but without being OP.

Attack heli is okish IMO when you have some of the upgrades for it but its really hard to get them without dying a LOT in the meantime to get there. Only thing I really have trouble with in the attack heli is the AA lol that nails me hard :(

Yeah that would be pretty good!

Apart from dawnbreaker and siege, they are rubbish on the majority of maps imo.

You really need jet cover and someone to take the AA out or control it.

I was a bit of a heli pilot whore in the beta but not any more because of AA but more so because they control and feel like ****, just so clunky and slow imo :(

Plus the damage seems to have been reduced even further now...not to mention slow reload and limited ammo....

Weakest vehicles in the game!

Just gimme 1hit kills with tanks on choppers back..
If i hit a chopper over 300 meters with a tankshell i deserve a kill..

Other then that, EA servers have been absolutely ****e today, even more bs hitreg then normal. One of these days im throwing my pc out of the window because of these *****.
(fifa was the same lagfest)

I know! It is ****ing annoying! :mad:

I hate all this vehicle damage system ****, critical, disabled, immobilised hit etc. etc.

Bring back the bc 2 vehicle damage system FFS!

Not too surprising tbh since you will have a ton more players today.

edit:

anyone going to be jumping on soon?

Man of Honour
Not to mention it seems like the vehicle damage system has some issues - I've not infrequently got the critical/disabled effect on the controls for a couple of seconds after a small arms hit but without any flashy message saying so while still at high health levels :| (not sure if its client side prediction or something). Usually results in me crashing the chopper and looking like a right tit to anyone onboard it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom