Beat saber

Caporegime
Anyone in the know with BMBF here? It's so temperamental with me. Yesterday the browser worked fine and it let me do one click download, today I can't even sign in because it says I need to do something with cookies which I'm not sure you can do with the Quest browser. So I tried adding songs manually by just going to the Q2's IP in a browser but only about a quarter of the songs copied over - no indication why. I'm running on an older version (1.14.1 with BS 1.16.4), there is a new version of BMBF out but reluctant to update just that as it will likely create more problems. Do some songs simply not work as errors downloading or adding has been with me since day 1.

Caporegime
Some decent song suggestions, haven't tried all of them yet but really liking the QoTSA and Imagine Dragons songs.

Queens of The Stone Age - Go With The Flow
Maneskin - Beggin
Enemy (from the series Arcane League of Legends) – Imagine Dragons ft. J.I.D
Hit The Road Jack (Electro Swing)
[Extra Sensory] Mick Gordon – At DOOM’s Gate
It's a nightmare trying to find decent songs in amongst all the weird K-Pop/J-Pop garbage that gets posted on BSaber.
Anything with an anime thumbnail gets instantly swerved.
+1 - there's so much crap to sift through.

Last edited:
Associate
It's a nightmare trying to find decent songs in amongst all the weird K-Pop/J-Pop garbage that gets posted on BSaber.
Anything with an anime thumbnail gets instantly swerved.

Soldato
Ooo. I hadn't seen any QOTSA song before. I could see Go With The Flow being great.

I found a few good ones recently, but whether I can remember them...

Basically every Rammstein song I've seen on Beat Saber has been excellent. Not sure whether they're all by the same person who is a Rammstein fan and a great mapper! Du Hast and Feuer Frei! especially.

Witchcraft by Pendulum is fantastically mapped.

Happy Together by The Turtles

Soldato
I want to vent about mappers who make the song harder by simply having the boxes appear very late, and move far quicker towards you.

I'm sure there are people here who will say that's fine and an acceptable way of adding to the difficulty. But it annoys me. I want it to be harder because I've got to get the rhythm right and decipher challenging combinations, not harder because I can't even see the damn block in time.

Maybe it's because I'm an old codger and the reactions just aren't there any more.

But anyway, it feels like a very lazy way of adding difficulty.

And don't get me started on maps where you can't even see what's on the block because of the blocks in front (unless it's a sensible progression).

Caporegime
Currently: We Didn't Start The Fire.

Mr Billy Joel. You don't need to think it just flows, it's great how the tempo ramps up with the lyrics.
Danke - great song. Yet to complete on Expert+ but one to work on.

Same for Enemy (from the series Arcane League of Legends) – Imagine Dragons ft. J.I.D - I fail at the rapping bit but it's such an addictive song.

Soldato
Not really sure what they'd add. Not speaking for the base game, but the custom track guy i admire the most does swing through multiblock passes in nearly all his tracks to get you angling your body to the tune.

The trailer makes it look like it just hit beats anyway, i just don't get why the base game beat maps are that basic when much superior stuff is available for the developer to see.

Caporegime
Once again, I'm having problems with custom songs :o. Reset my Q2 for another reason and I've just reinstalled BS with B<BF - went fine. I thought I could restore once installed but that only seems to want to restore the state of the game. So for the songs, I thought I would just do it manually via the IP address and a browser (drag and drop). It did this when I tried to set up a friends, where previously backed up songs aren't seeing as zip file any more, instead folders. Each folder contains the same file as the original zip did but it won't let me drag and drop, nor will it work if I zip up the folder and try that way. I have to manually download the songs again and then drag and drop, wouldn't mind but most of the songs/folder names have alphanumeric strings so I can't tell what's what. To add to this, I can't sign into my Beast Saber account on BMBF within the Q2 as it says it needs a browser that supports cookies. I don't know what I'm doing wrong or why it's turned up like this.

Back
Top Bottom