Votes: 33 38.8%

Votes: 24 28.2%

Votes: 4 4.7%

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
Articles are really vague.

Has LH doubled up on replacement parts? Stupid rules if that is allowed? Just take 5 of each part in a single race.

yes an no it is not a stupid rule. teh old carry penalties over was teh dumb rul.

they've already destroyed two races due to failures.
then then detsroy another race by taking a penalty.

and you would like them to destroy several more races by carrying penalties over.

so in hamiltons case he would be essentially out of the game for 25% of the season. Is that really what you are saying and wanting.

do propel actually think about the consequences.

on top of that its usually the same people who complain about this rule also compaling about fuel, engine and tyre saving. if penalties where that high then how do you think saving strategies would be affected?
if you complain about saving stratergy you should be asking to get rid of these limits and try and go back to the days where a turbo might blow before the end of a single race, but boy did they provide power.

Soldato
I'm not saying penalties are correct in the first place. I think the 5 part limit isn't good for the sport.

However, if you do have the rule then having this loophole is ridiculous. It makes a mockery of the rule and actually promotes taking as many parts as you can each practice session.

If you take a new part, you shouldn't be able to use the old parts. (edit: after the initial 5 part allocation)

Man of Honour
he hasn't taken a complete set. and is still using other components.

but things like the mguh he was already on 5 and i believe hes taken three here. or maybe its just two.
where other parts where he;s only on his third he hasn't taken any.

either way having or not having the limit, this is far from a stupid rule, as i said. you really want someone to be at the back for 25% of the season. now that is stupid and how it was.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I know he hasn't replaced everything but has taken 3 mgu-h and turbo parts.

He only needed 1 of each to continue racing.

again, so you want him to go to back of grid for so many races, that would be and was a ridiculous rule. that realy does wreck the racing.
you seem to be totally ignoring the consequences of your opinions.

Soldato
again, so you want him to go to back of grid for so many races, that would be and was a ridiculous rule. that realy does wreck the racing.

The purpose of the rule is fundamentally undermined. The consequences of the rule being introduced were known.

You either have it and enforce it properly (to make reliability important) or don't have it at all.

Man of Honour
The purpose of the rule is fundamentally undermined. The consequences of the rule being introduced were known.

You either have it and enforce it properly (to make reliability important) or don't have it at all.

it is enforced properly, its a very large penalty.

Caporegime
These penalties are a bit farcical. Maybe they should give them a time penalty for grid slots lost after the 22?

Great lap from Verstappen. Looking forwards to Lewis carving his way through the field tomorrow.

Man of Honour
Hilarious events with Hamilton. 3 new engines, ends up P21. I don't see why the drivers should suffer because of this anyway, but Hamilton is sitting pretty from this point assuming these parts are good.

I know it's following rules but I still think that's cheating what merc did with Hamilton. But this is F1 so shouldn't be surprised.

No, it isn't cheating, it is following a stupid rule.

Soldato
At the circuit was a shame for Lewis to take penaltys today as a fan of his I kinda juat watched cars go around in what can be described as blisteringly hot conditions 35/36 degrees and out seats are in the sun.. melting is not the word

View this weekend .. gold 2

Associate
Yes it was damn hot today, spent a fair amount of time exploring the circuit and watching quali from rivage which was baking hot. Hopefully a bit cooler tomorrow! Think we settled on pouhon for watching the race.

Massive Dutch support for verstappen at the circuit so I'll join them in cheering for someone to beat rosberg and hope Lewis shows us some decent aggression to fight through the pack.

somethig interesting from today (to me anyway£was how different the Honda PU sounds to the others. It is a lot louder and more aggressive sounding than the relatively refined mercs and Ferarris. Not something that is obvious from the TV. Shame it's still a dog!

Soldato
The sounds are very Intresting

Yesterday the force india sounded so loud, the McLaren as said sounds a bit more throaty or somthing

Its such a great track but way to hot today

Tire deg will be everything tommorow I assume ( not seen sky sports )

Also this camp site is max mad, like we have infiltrated a red bull camp, not seen one person wearing anything other than red bull clothing

Back
Top Bottom