Best network at the moment to use.

Associate
I apologise for bringing it up again but can you recommend please a good network? supplier at this moment in time I'm leaving 3(three) after 6 years. I'm looking at unlimited data calls and texts thank you for your help

Soldato
I think the problem with this question is that there is no definitive answer as it depends on a) where you live and b) where you travel to often.

I'd like to leave EE as frankly they're overpriced but in general, it's very rare I don't have coverage whereas O2 really struggles round here but in other areas I've known O2 have signal where EE don't so it's pot luck. Vodafone seem to be rated for the best coverage at home but their CS seems to suck and I don't know what they're like around the rest of the UK.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I think the problem with this question is that there is no definitive answer as it depends on a) where you live and b) where you travel to often.

I'd like to leave EE as frankly they're overpriced but in general, it's very rare I don't have coverage whereas O2 really struggles round here but in other areas I've known O2 have signal where EE don't so it's pot luck. Vodafone seem to be rated for the best coverage at home but their CS seems to suck and I don't know what they're like around the rest of the UK.
wow thanks for your reply I'm in stoke on trent and you are quite right about CS with a lot of Providers there a post on here about how three have decline over the years like I said I've been with them for 6 years there coverage as been horrendous just lately that I complained and they waived a months payment as compensation... so it's vodafone .. EE or O2.

Soldato
From reading on here then EE seems to be the best in terms of network performance.

When I was with Vodafone a few years ago, their online account functionality for topping up wasn't great.

maj

maj

Soldato
I've moved to Lebara recently and been pretty happy so far. They are on Vodafone network. They offer 30 day rolling contracts so you're not tied down long term if you don't want to be.

WiFi calling is supported too.

Last edited:

maj

maj

Soldato
So would you recommend a rolling contract or monthly?
I've always been monthly up till now but even on SIM only I was tied down to something like 18 months.

I can see the benefits of a 30 day rolling contracts as you can join and leave as and when required but as another poster said there is a slight price difference. Perhaps more networks should offer it.

The tariff I'm on was a uSwitch special. 15gb data unlimited calls and texts with EU roaming for £2.78 for 3 months then £6.95 after that. Just checked and it's still available if it's of any interest.

I'm pretty much on WiFi wherever I am so 15gb more than enough for my needs.

Associate
OP
I've always been monthly up till now but even on SIM only I was tied down to something like 18 months.

I can see the benefits of a 30 day rolling contracts as you can join and leave as and when required but as another poster said there is a slight price difference. Perhaps more networks should offer it.

The tariff I'm on was a uSwitch special. 15gb data unlimited calls and texts with EU roaming for £2.78 for 3 months then £6.95 after that. Just checked and it's still available if it's of any interest.

I'm pretty much on WiFi wherever I am so 15gb more than enough for my needs.
yes I have the uSwitch app which one is it please and I'll have a look

Associate
VOXI is good (for me at least) powered by Vodafone. The drops are good also, a right mixed bag of free goodies.
I'm paying £12 for 60GB per month (rolling monthly) but it's got unlimited social media, music and video so I haven't actually used any data for months.
There is no app for VOXI at the min either.

Soldato
My experience with Lyca been good uses EE network , good price for data also can go rolling monthly leave anytime , I get 5g/4g in same places where I dont get any signal at all with Three, 02 or vodafone

Last edited:
Soldato
EE is generally the best, especially in remote rural areas as they provide the emergency services network, and as I'm in the mountains a lot, it's very valuable to me.

Although my I have a BT contract at the moment which is fairly cheap. Their sim only prices are pretty ridiculous.

Associate
OP
EE is generally the best, especially in remote rural areas as they provide the emergency services network, and as I'm in the mountains a lot, it's very valuable to me.

Although my I have a BT contract at the moment which is fairly cheap. Their sim only prices are pretty ridiculous.
thank you I'll have a look at them!

Back
Top Bottom