Best Ram on OcUK to pair with a 7800X3D?

Associate
Hello chaps!

I'm looking to upgrade my system from 10900k -> 7800X3D.

I was wondering what the best possible memory thats currently on sale here at OcUK would be to pair with this CPU?

I've been a bit out of the loop due to music work but this upgrade is purely for gaming (mostly Yuzu emulator). I understand the Ryzen 7800X3D is sensitive to memory but I have no idea which kit to go for on here so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Associate
Hello chaps!

I'm looking to upgrade my system from 10900k -> 7800X3D.

I was wondering what the best possible memory thats currently on sale here at OcUK would be to pair with this CPU?

I've been a bit out of the loop due to music work but this upgrade is purely for gaming (mostly Yuzu emulator). I understand the Ryzen 7800X3D is sensitive to memory but I have no idea which kit to go for on here so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
any 6000mhz cl28-32 really would be fine.
usually hynix die there so can use buildzoids settings to ensure good timings and they should work with any hynix die.

Associate
With all the new 7800X3D owners, what sort of cooling solutions are folks running on this CPU? Especially given that it's fairly efficient and isn't that hot of a CPU to run.

Naturally I'm also looking to score a cooler to pair with mine, was considering the the ThermalRight PhantomSpirit 120 SE.

However... my current/old Intel Z97 rig (which I still plan to use/repurpose) has the NH-D15 on it. Could be an option to use that for the 7800X3D and I wouldn't want to buy a new one considering a new revision of the NH-D15 is coming soon and the price has gone up massively, compared to what I bought mine for back in the day.
I'd definitely need the mounting kit, since I bought the cooler before even AM4 existed, but that only costs around a tenner (or free from Noctua if I can be willing to fish up a proof of purchase). If I did that, I'd still need a new cooler, probably that PS 120 SE for the old Intel rig.

These ThermalRight coolers are certainly bang-for-buck at the moment. What does everyone else think?
I use a Noctua u12s
Cooling depends also on airflow and enviroment temps and such also.
Never felt the need to go the top end air coolers with the 7800x3d

Associate
Also I think I scored micron A die on my RAM.

It's an EXPO kit Trident Z5 F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR:
4nPaRfY.jpg

Last number above barcode says A, so I think that means it's A-die.

Associate
I’m also thinking of upgrading to the 7800x3d (from 5900x), and as I fly DCS in VR a lot, I would benefit from 64GB memory.
Not sure if I’m being stupid or not, but I can’t seem to find 2x32GB sticks of the 6000 MHz on the store.

Back
Top Bottom