Best Ram on OcUK to pair with a 7800X3D?

Associate
I’m also thinking of upgrading to the 7800x3d (from 5900x), and as I fly DCS in VR a lot, I would benefit from 64GB memory.
Not sure if I’m being stupid or not, but I can’t seem to find 2x32GB sticks of the 6000 MHz on the store.

OCUK doesn't seem to stock 2x32GB 6000Mhz kits. Your best bet is to look elsewhere, i.e. a certain site that allows one to pick PC parts (can't link due to rules) can give you an idea what's available.

Surprisingly, its possible to get as low as CL30 latency on such kits.
E.g. F5-6000J3040G32GX2-TZ5N is a non-RGB 2x32GB version of the kit I recently bought, that still does 6000CL30 EXPO.
Also is Micron-M die apparently, which is still good.

Associate
OCUK doesn't seem to stock 2x32GB 6000Mhz kits. Your best bet is to look elsewhere, i.e. a certain site that allows one to pick PC parts (can't link due to rules) can give you an idea what's available.

Surprisingly, its possible to get as low as CL30 latency on such kits.
E.g. F5-6000J3040G32GX2-TZ5N is a non-RGB 2x32GB version of the kit I recently bought, that still does 6000CL30 EXPO.
Also is Micron-M die apparently, which is still good.

That’s what i use. At the time when i bought the 7800x3d you couldn’t buy it anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
I'm just debating this exact thing. My 5900x has just died on me so instead of replacing it I'm thinking of going AM5.

So far in my basket I've put a 7800x3d + Asus TUF 650 wifi but I'm stumped on the ram. Some vengeance 5200 seems like a winner but is it really worth going for something faster? I'd prefer corsair as it's what I've always used with no trouble but I've read so much over the last couple of days I've fried my brain a little!

Associate
*snip* I'm stumped on the ram. Some vengeance 5200 seems like a winner but is it really worth going for something faster? I'd prefer corsair as it's what I've always used with no trouble but I've read so much over the last couple of days I've fried my brain a little!

If you want Corsair, cheapest 6000CL30 is CMK32GX5M2B6000C30. Or for a few pennies more the EXPO version, CMK32GX5M2B6000Z30.

Associate
I have been having issues with my Corsair Vengeance RAM (6000-CL30) and am looking to try G.Skill.

Question: The RAM i am looking at is *not* on the QVL on the Asus page for my motherboard.
But it *is* on the QVL on the G.Skill page.

What do you / should you trust more?

Memory in question: F5-6000J3036G32GX2-TZ5NRW

Asus: https://rog.asus.com/uk/motherboard...670e-a-gaming-wifi-model/helpdesk_qvl_memory/
G.Skill: https://www.gskill.com/qvl/165/390/1692584825/F5-6000J3036G32GX2-TZ5NRW-QVL

However, the 64GB G.Skill, in black, is on the Asus QVL
(To be fair, none of the white versions are on the Asus QVL).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
What do you / should you trust more?
I'd expect either to be fine. A possible explanation might be: if G.Skill knows that their parts are identical between black and white versions, then they can take shortcuts in their testing that maybe Asus wouldn't do.

Associate
I'd expect either to be fine. A possible explanation might be: if G.Skill knows that their parts are identical between black and white versions, then they can take shortcuts in their testing that maybe Asus wouldn't do.
Fair point. I guess what caught my eye is they are not identical.
The black 64GB are 30-40-40-96
and the white are 30-36-36-96

So my (perhaps unfounded) concern is that the slightly different timings might have kept it off the Asus QVL (shrug)

Man of Honour
Fair point. I guess what caught my eye is they are not identical.
The black 64GB are 30-40-40-96
and the white are 30-36-36-96

So my (perhaps unfounded) concern is that the slightly different timings might have kept it off the Asus QVL (shrug)
Ah, yeah, that can be significant, but I don't know enough about the different DDR5 kits on offer to say if it is (e.g. if it could imply different memory chips).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Oh the irony... Whilst looking at and comparing new RAM, my PC blue-screened; which (yes) a memory problem! :cry:
Giving up for now. Off to bed.
Have you done much troubleshooting? High-end kits needing additional tweaking besides EXPO/XMP to operate stably is not uncommon.

Associate
Have you done much troubleshooting? High-end kits needing additional tweaking besides EXPO/XMP to operate stably is not uncommon.
Not a whole lot of trouble shooting. Honestly, i *kinda* expected EXPO RAM that is on the QVL to 'just work' :D
i have tried it without EXPO, just default timings, and still had some issues.

I'm happy to try another brand, and see if that is the solution. And i see lots of ranting and raving about G.Skill, so will give it a go.

Soldato
I thought I'd post here as opposed to starting a new thread... :)
How does this kit look for compatibility with a 7800X3D system (Motherboard B650 GAMING X AX)

The motherboard QVL page states that it's compatible with the part number but with a single 16GB stick
The RAM QVL page doesn't list the motherboard.

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £132.98 (includes delivery: £3.99)​

Last edited:
Associate
How does this kit look for compatibility with a 7800X3D system (Motherboard B650 GAMING X AX)

The motherboard QVL page states that it's compatible with the part number but with a single 16GB stick

My basket at OcUK:

That's perfectly fine, it's the same as my RAM (which has RGB denoted by the additional R on the end of the model number).

It's especially good since it has a good 6000C30 EXPO profile, which is the sweet spot. And highly likely to be the top tier A-die DDR5 (mine is).
I'm also using this G.Skill kit with a 7800X3D.

Last edited:
Associate

My basket at OcUK:

Its about as good as you can get right now. Once you get it, have a look at Buldzoid video on optimised timings on Hynix, they help a lot.

Back
Top Bottom