Best video doorbell....

Man of Honour
I pay the £80 a year package. Don’t care, I’d pay double, it’s worth every penny to me. Has worked flawlessly so far. Person detection around the entire perimeter of the house is invaluable.
I have smart detection all around the house and it costs me £0 a year in subscription fees. I also have full control of my data and I can choose where it's stored.

Soldato
Well I have an old mini cube case that’d look nice on the desk. That was my idea, but I didn’t realise you can get some of those refurbished Dells for like £70, mental. But I did want to use it as a backup too. Can I do that when running Blue Iris as an NVR? What OS does Blue Iris run? Anything?

And yes, hopefully very unlikely for someone to nick the doorbell, but you never know..
Transplant it if you are bothered. But yeah Dell Optiplex are dirt cheap. I bought an old HP HP Prodesk 400 G3 with a 256GB SSD, 4GB RAM and an i3 7100T from Members Market on here, I think he asked me for £30 posted.

BlueIris runs on Windows, the license is really inexpensive and the support is great. I've used it at my mums house for about a decade.

Associate
Is Eufy chime connected directly to the button for zero latency or does it loop through the router?

Anyone know if Eufy recordings on the Homebase go through their servers or is it camera > router > homebase? I understand that remote viewing has to go through servers.

Debating whether to get the E340 or just get a camera disguised as a lamp and a normal doorbell.

Soldato
Is Eufy chime connected directly to the button for zero latency or does it loop through the router?

Anyone know if Eufy recordings on the Homebase go through their servers or is it camera > router > homebase? I understand that remote viewing has to go through servers.

Debating whether to get the E340 or just get a camera disguised as a lamp and a normal doorbell.
No disguising needed the doorbells are deterrents. I don't know about eufy but Reolink certainly has it's own local chime

Soldato

Goes Doorbell -> homebase on the e340 as the Homebase 3 runs a separate Wifi network for the cameras, it can use your wifi but you loose some feature. The notifications go to the cloud if you want some of the notification video/pictures options etc.

I'm in the process of ripping the Eufy stuff out and go back to Ring, I've had nothing but problems with it. The Homebase firmware is a right mess and the app is not consistent, you have different layouts and options depending which camera you have. I'm rebooting the homebase every couple of days to get it to detect properly. I've been disappointed with the night mode on the doorbell where its running at a very strange FPS which means you get image tearing, the only good thing has been the E340 Floodlight, although that seems to need rebooting every few days as well.

And before anybody says i've had 2 doorbells, 3 homebases the S330 camera set (watch these they only connect to the Hmebase for Wifi and not your home network...) and the S40 and they are all all over the place. I just want something that works and these don't, in my opinion, fall into that category

Soldato

If the E340 uses the chime for storage then the chime will pick up the wifi then forward it to the doorbell meaning it needs to be close to provide the wifi. When you press the doorbell it's instant to the chime.

If you let the doorbell store the recordings and just use the chime as a chime, both connect independently but again it's instant to the chime.

Loving mine currently, app is a little bit more of a mess than Ring's and alerts on the Alexa work most the time but sometimes don't. It's nice being able to see parcels and not worry about a £50 a year charge, that's what moved me on from Ring after 4 years.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yea the Mrs loves the Eufy doorbell I got her. I don't really look at it if I'm honest though.

I also have a Reolink camera with motion detection in the loft and can't fault that either.

Back
Top Bottom