Best video doorbell....

Associate
Hello,

I recently conducted a search for video doorbells to explore the available options. While doing so, I came across Trustpilot and decided to look up reviews for Ring. To my surprise, I found numerous complaints regarding the app's unreliability in sending notifications for motion detection and doorbell rings. This issue aligns with the problem I am currently experiencing. However, Ring claims that the problem is not on their end and instead attributes it to my phone.

Soldato
Hello,

I recently conducted a search for video doorbells to explore the available options. While doing so, I came across Trustpilot and decided to look up reviews for Ring. To my surprise, I found numerous complaints regarding the app's unreliability in sending notifications for motion detection and doorbell rings. This issue aligns with the problem I am currently experiencing. However, Ring claims that the problem is not on their end and instead attributes it to my phone.

When we had Ring, the alerts were set to go to more than just one phone and tablets, and we would still suffer the occasional missed notification at the same time, so blaming a phone seems a bit lame imo.

Associate
When we had Ring, the alerts were set to go to more than just one phone and tablets, and we would still suffer the occasional missed notification at the same time, so blaming a phone seems a bit lame imo.
hi mate I'm on the phone right now taking to ring TS as I got up this morning and the chime was offline anyway they will not take the doorbell or the chimes back only replacements

Soldato
hi mate I'm on the phone right now taking to ring TS as I got up this morning and the chime was offline anyway they will not take the doorbell or the chimes back only replacements

Hi mate,

I've not had experience returning to Ring, but with other large companies I have presented them with credible links to a particular issue/s and have been successful in getting replacements/returns or rebuilds.

So it might be worth doing, although you are battling Amazon.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Associate
All of my Ring devices are five months old, and I still have the original packaging. I have informed them of their reviews on Trustpilot, but they are not interested in addressing them. They have stated that it is their policy not to respond to reviews on Trustpilot. Consequently, they are only offering an exchange and no other options.

Soldato
Hi all - Moved in here in September and have recently had new Windows/Doors fitted. When the new front door was fitted we lost the Dor bell button as it was mounte inside the frame. There's a seperate switch int he fuse box for the doorbell.

I'd replace to replace the Doorbell with a modern camera one. I've seen a lot about Ring, etc needing subscriptions for photo/video storage, so would like to avoid that. I still want the notifications to my phone, detection, photo/video storing etc but am happy with local storage in an SD card or similar to avoid any subscriptions.

So we have this inside:
embed

With the cover removed:

embed

embed

and these wires outside that were previously connected to the old doorbell button:
embed

If possible I'd like to keep the existing chime, but am also open to replacing it with a newer nicer looking item. Where the chime is inside there is no socket, just the existing wiring pictured above.

What are my options and what would people reccommend?

Thanks.

Soldato
Hi all - Moved in here in September and have recently had new Windows/Doors fitted. When the new front door was fitted we lost the Dor bell button as it was mounte inside the frame. There's a seperate switch int he fuse box for the doorbell.

I'd replace to replace the Doorbell with a modern camera one. I've seen a lot about Ring, etc needing subscriptions for photo/video storage, so would like to avoid that. I still want the notifications to my phone, detection, photo/video storing etc but am happy with local storage in an SD card or similar to avoid any subscriptions.

So we have this inside:
embed

With the cover removed:

embed

embed

and these wires outside that were previously connected to the old doorbell button:
embed

If possible I'd like to keep the existing chime, but am also open to replacing it with a newer nicer looking item. Where the chime is inside there is no socket, just the existing wiring pictured above.

What are my options and what would people reccommend?

Thanks.
There must be mains power to the chime and is is inside a case? With mine I used a reolink WiFi doorbell and replaced the chime gubbins with a led driver inside the chimes case to feed the doorbell.

Man of Honour
These ring cameras are the best thing I’ve added to the house in ages. We had CCTV, but to get person detection alerts to my phone is so useful, especially when gaming or in the garden. The batteries have lasted ages, didnt expect them to last so long. Have the whole perimeter of the house covered now. We have a house alarm too, but it’s a bit late by the time that’s gone off. Useful for the doorbell too, accepted a package while on the train the other day. Should have gotten them ages ago. Another layer of home security :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I think the Ring is a great system too. Had mine a while but only recently had it hardwired. You need very little voltage to power it, it actually doesn't technically power it, it just trickle charges the battery. Got a chimer upstairs and a Ring flood light cam pointing out the back. Yeah there is a sub to pay but its not a lot really over a year considering the peace of mind you get. Notifications are instant and the whole system has never missed a beat for me. Well worth the money.

Soldato
Much thoughts on Eufy? Saw some worrying security concerns with them a year or so ago.

They were top of my list until I read that as they offered a no subscription service with local storage, etc. Shame.

Back
Top Bottom