BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
You had seemed to say a polestar DM was nearer £1.2K ? so bmw's are less secure or much more desirable than a polestar where you live,
(maybe money from stripping down a polestar and selling parts is less)

Sometimes insurance just works weird - depends on age and the type of car people buy at that age.

My Porsche, on the contrary, is much cheaper for the year than any cars I’ve been looking at.

Man of Honour
Don’t need, but love the drivetrain

I really would try and work out if there was any way a 330d would work for you. It is so much better than the 320d, for which I can see little reason to want beyond fuel efficiency which isn't that important at 250 miles a week.

The 6 cylinder diesels are excellent.

Soldato
I really would try and work out if there was any way a 330d would work for you. It is so much better than the 320d, for which I can see little reason to want beyond fuel efficiency which isn't that important at 250 miles a week.

The 6 cylinder diesels are excellent.

320d is nicer than 320i

330i and 330d are about same on insurance.

Preference is 330d > 320d > 330i

I do like the ease of a diesel to drive but haven’t tried a 330i

Associate
What are peoples opinions on the X5 xDrive50e M Sport? I was thinking of getting one on CH through my business. I don't want an electric car and this seems to have a decent BIK tax for the renumeration structure i have.
Pulled the trigger on this, Skyscraper Grey, should arrive September. :)

Associate
Would any of the BMW gurus plese be able to tell me what the full range of optional extras are for a 2022 X3 M40i, over and above the base spec?
I think the base spec is fairly comprehensive but am not sure exacly what is included in it?

For example, are HUD, Adaptive Suspension, Gesture Control, Active Protection all included in base, with HK Sound, Driving Assistant and Sensatec panel all optional extras?

Thx for any help.
Bintos

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Would any of the BMW gurus plese be able to tell me what the full range of optional extras are for a 2022 X3 M40i, over and above the base spec?
I think the base spec is fairly comprehensive but am not sure exacly what is included in it?

For example, are HUD, Adaptive Suspension, Gesture Control, Active Protection all included in base, with HK Sound, Driving Assistant and Sensatec panel all optional extras?

Thx for any help.
Bintos

Adaptive Suspension, Active Protection and Driving Assistant (NOT Professional) are included as standard as is the panel. At some point you also got Electric Memory seats as standard as well, fairly sure that included the 2022 cars. You also get a reversing camera and adaptive LED headlights.

Head up Display, Gesture Control (Which is absolutely useless and I have it switched off as a result) and the upgraded stereo are part of the Technology Package.

Last edited:
Associate
finally got round to washing my E89 for the first this year and the amount of gunk and moss I found around most of the car's seals was too much... Some seals are also cracked/torn/broken, which are allowing some water to go into the rear headlight units, which the left one needs changing as the indicator isn't working (stuck on LED strip, so can't change bulbs).

Would something like this (headlight and seals) be covered by BMW Insured Warranty? The light isn't a consumable, and by not designing it to be a consumable (as it cannot be changed), I would deem it as a 'life' part under warranty. I'd assume the same for the seals.

If not, how much would it cost roughly if I asked a dealer to re-fit all the seals? Is it even worth it?
I've just had a rear outer tail light replaced under insured warranty on my G31 after moisture ingress killed the bottom section of the led tail. Had a nice puddle sat in the bottom of the unit.

Took a bit of arm twisting as initially the dealer suggested "moisture ingress" wasn't covered, but the tail defect was noted as a minor on the MOT which is when I raised it. Ask the question and see what they say.

Associate
Looking at getting a X3 m40i budget is 30-35 found this one looks like a decent spec would prefer slightly lower miles and a BMW approved car but there doesn't seem many about. Anyone see and red flags on this one?

Soldato
Looking at getting a X3 m40i budget is 30-35 found this one looks like a decent spec would prefer slightly lower miles and a BMW approved car but there doesn't seem many about. Anyone see and red flags on this one?

Some half decent buys at my local dealer..

The blue M version at 35000 is very very nice.

Commissario

Does it have to be an SUV? I'd much rather an M340i at that budget personally (for obv reasons... :D )

Soldato
Just a shame the rates are so rubbish. Some nice used cars about but everytime I look the PCP is crazy. Not that I want to change, I just like looking. Stick in £10k deposit and still pay like £5-600. I still remember getting my first Mustang, brand new, and it was £300 a month. Ahh good times.

Associate

Just saw an X3 M40i go through BCA for a shade over £40K, 2023 (72) 18000 miles, extras included HK audio, Sensatec and Driving Assistant.

Associate
These are standard.

Hmm, I thought HK and sensatec were optional extras in 2023 X3 M40i cars, sensatec used to be standard but was deleted at some point I think in 2022?
I was going by the number plate HPI Spec check on the car which had HK and Sensatec as extras?

However, BCA are not renowned for their accuracy on vehicle descriptions so you are probably right that they are standard.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The stereo isn't standard, that is in the Technology Pack. But the other two items are.

Edit: I've noticed sometimes Autotrader seems to be showing them as optional rather than standard, which is where the confusion might be from?

Last edited:
Associate
Finally finished off my E39 M5 suspension refresh front and rear (started September 2023 and finished last weekend with a winter break in the middle). A long job, especially cutting old rear alignment bolts out by hand with a 12 inch hacksaw blade on the floor :o I took my time on it though and enjoyed the process. Can't wait to feel how it'll drive now.

All the arms were changed, balljoints any bushes easily replaced I could do and the steering drag link/track rod ends. Basically anything except the struts (BC coilovers).

Few pics of the battle here. Alignment tomorrow and then finally I can use it again after 18+ months off the road!

Back
Top Bottom