Bought a used car from main dealer, not collected it yet but oy...

Soldato
OP
I'd have left the deposit on it whilst still looking tbh it sounds like the car you want at a good deal.

While the communication (or lack of it!) on the part of the dealer is a poor show, I'm not surprised about the parts backlog.

I'm awaiting a part for my truck (Scania is owned by VW) , it's been around 6 weeks so far, apparently VW group as a whole is suffering from huge backlogs, and no doubt plenty of other manufacturers.

I did consider that, but it's done now. Interesting to hear the backlog story, seems to correlate with what little I've found online about the recall campaign.

The way the dealership played it off was "oh, this never happens" but reading around people have had to wait for months (already owning the car) for stupid things like bonding glue or securing clips etc.

Caporegime
The way the dealership played it off was "oh, this never happens" but reading around people have had to wait for months (already owning the car) for stupid things like bonding glue or securing clips etc.
Yes there's something of a log jam in the supply chain at the moment, a few of my friends at a different company had to put up with inoperative electric windows for a few months as they had 25 new trucks delivered all without their window motors fitted, it was either wait for an uncertain time for delivery or accept them as they were and getting the electric window motors retrofitted at service as and when the parts came in to stock.

Back
Top Bottom