Brexit thread - what happens next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
It was made quite clear in the 2015 Conservative Manifesto that there would be a In/Out referendum before 2017. This was widely publicised by the print and online media, as well as on TV and radio.

So those of you who voted Conservative at the last election and wanted to remain in the EU knew what you were voting for. You made a choice to gamble with this future of this country. You may not have pulled the pin on the referendum grenade but you certainly handed it to David Cameron and told him to throw it.

As much as Ed Miliband was mocked and jeered by the press and social media, he only offered a referendum in the event of more powers being handed to Brussels.

So Conservative remainers you helped instigate this Eton mess, the only decent thing you could do is to support the government you elected during the remainder their term.

And the people who voted Conservative so they could vote leave... ?

I assume they have what they wanted. A mandate from the country to leave the EU. I'm hoping they also figured out that this would trigger the SNP to try for another independence referendum and have some cunning plan to stop this.

Soldato
In the grand scheme of things (Universe creation til now) this is an insignificant blip on the map of history. Sure it's big now and will affect everyone but give it time and it will settle (Even if it's not what I wanted).

Just look forward in that history is being made and we are at the front (Take that on which side you want)

I like this post. In a hundred years time, this will all just be an entry in a history book or some web site. It's a little over 70 years since a world war almost destabalised the entire planet.

Pretty sure this will blow over far quicker and we can all get on with living.

Soldato
If Boris Johnson looked downbeat yesterday, that is because he realises that he has lost.

A lot of people were saying they didn't want to see Boris Johnson's smug face on Friday morning. I would say he was humble in victory rather than downbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom