British Grand Prix 2016, Silverstone - Race 10/21

Soldato
Not sure which year it was, maybe 2012 as above or 2013, where the fields where off-bounds for parking on the friday due to being waterlogged and they made everyone double park in the tarmac/pebbled carparks.

Coupled with an accident on the roundabout outside the circuit, that was epic fun. We went back into the circuit to catch the Porsche race, came back 2 hours later and nobody had moved!

But hey, don't let it put anyone off going! :p

Soldato
Not sure which year it was, maybe 2012 as above or 2013, where the fields where off-bounds for parking on the friday due to being waterlogged and they made everyone double park in the tarmac/pebbled carparks.

Coupled with an accident on the roundabout outside the circuit, that was epic fun. We went back into the circuit to catch the Porsche race, came back 2 hours later and nobody had moved!

But hey, don't let it put anyone off going! :p

That's the main reason I haven't yet been to Silverstone! I went to Monaco a couple of years ago with less hassle than it would be going to our own race - plus you get a holiday out of it too!

smr

smr

Soldato
yeah i was there in 2012 - the rain that day was ridiculous on the friday... ive never seen it like that before, even at home before we set off it was literally a monsoon which didnt relent all the way to silverstone, puddles in places in my garden i'd never seen before lol. Got very lucky that day taking a slip road actually being right on the angle of where you could exit and going through the village instead of an A road - some people were stuck on that A road until P2 - we got there before P1 started.

smr

smr

Soldato
When i went in 2008 it was tipping down but we didn't have issues parking

this rain was like nothing i've ever seen before tho - it was raining from 6am maybe before that. I woke up and you could hear the rain hammering down on the house really loudly - that's why Silverstone suffered then, especially grass car parks. Think they would have put stuff down now to make sure that the fields can cope better if it rains like that again.

smr

smr

Soldato
felipes off then at the end of the year. just said to crofty " its great to be here one more time" in a live interview just now on the f1 show.

Soldato
A question for people who are regulars of Silverstone ,I'm travelling down to Guildford from York setting off around 5 am tomorrow so hitting junction 15a on the M1 at about 7.30am am I likely to be affected by any of the F1 traffic?

LzR

LzR

Associate
felipes off then at the end of the year. just said to crofty " its great to be here one more time" in a live interview just now on the f1 show.
Could be interpreted either way really especially with English not his first language. It wouldn't surprise me though, perhaps Jenson will get a seat there and Vandoorne will get in the McLaren

Soldato
When i went in 2008 it was tipping down but we didn't have issues parking

The problem is when the ground is already saturated from a prolonged period of heavy rain prior to the event, and then it rains even more. Despite getting better over time, the grass car parks (i.e. some fields) still don't have adequate drainage to cope (although to be fair anywhere would have struggled that year).

smr

smr

Soldato
Could be interpreted either way really especially with English not his first language. It wouldn't surprise me though, perhaps Jenson will get a seat there and Vandoorne will get in the McLaren

i have heard him say "once again" about other things... the tone and way he said it sounded like literal as well. one last time is one last time. could be wrong tho.

Back
Top Bottom