British Grand Prix 2016, Silverstone - Race 10/21

Soldato
A question for people who are regulars of Silverstone ,I'm travelling down to Guildford from York setting off around 5 am tomorrow so hitting junction 15a on the M1 at about 7.30am am I likely to be affected by any of the F1 traffic?
It's never really affected the motorway so you should be fine unless someone does a rosberg and causes an accident.

smr

smr

Soldato
Kimi re-signed for Ferrari 2017... can see why. Doesn't moan or upset the team, doesn't really care if Seb beats him, or doesn't seem to at least.. great rear gunner for Seb, hoovers points off other drivers. Probably the best number 2 driver on the grid at present.

Soldato
Kimi re-signed for Ferrari 2017... can see why. Doesn't moan or upset the team, doesn't really care if Seb beats him, or doesn't seem to at least.. great rear gunner for Seb, hoovers points off other drivers. Probably the best number 2 driver on the grid at present.

Surprised me a little, in a positive way, I thought he was sure to go after this season.

I'm not great at keeping tabs on who has signed what contracts, but this makes me think that whoever ferrari have planned for Kimi's seat has a contract now for next year.

Soldato
Surprised me a little, in a positive way, I thought he was sure to go after this season.

I'm not great at keeping tabs on who has signed what contracts, but this makes me think that whoever ferrari have planned for Kimi's seat has a contract now for next year.

He's past his best i think but he's a definite character that would be missed if he left F1.

Caporegime

You can get paid more as a no.2 at Ferrari to make the no.1 look good than you can get as a no.1 at basically any other team unless you've won multiple championships like Lewis or Alonso.

No brainer really, he can get 10mil + at Ferrari, or 3mil at Williams, or go get 200k a year in random ice rallying somewhere.

Kimi doesn't really care what people think about him, or who blames him for what, I think he's just there for the money and that is easily the best paying job for him.

LzR

LzR

Associate
i have heard him say "once again" about other things... the tone and way he said it sounded like literal as well. one last time is one last time. could be wrong tho.
There have been rumours it's his last season so you're more likely to be right, Williams need to rejig their driver lineup anyway.

LzR

LzR

Associate
The level of booing is going to be interesting if Rosberg makes it on to the podium on Sunday!
Let's hope we don't find out :)

Edit: Lewis just now confirming that what Lauda had said about him absolutely did not happen (sorry if it's already been seen)

Last edited:
Soldato
The level of booing is going to be interesting if Rosberg makes it on to the podium on Sunday!

Or the level of cheering if he lunches his freshest engine? Lunching one in practice and another in quali would be marvellous. :cool:

I still remember the cheer when Vettel's car broke down one year. It was louder than the cheer the winner got! Haha!

Soldato
You can get paid more as a no.2 at Ferrari to make the no.1 look good than you can get as a no.1 at basically any other team unless you've won multiple championships like Lewis or Alonso.

No brainer really, he can get 10mil + at Ferrari, or 3mil at Williams, or go get 200k a year in random ice rallying somewhere.

Kimi doesn't really care what people think about him, or who blames him for what, I think he's just there for the money and that is easily the best paying job for him.

I doubt he's that bothered by the money really, if he was he wouldn't have gone off and done rallying, or Nascar, or the random ice racing and boat races he does.

I'm a former Kimi fan, but I'd like to see someone else in the Ferrari seat soon. One more year is enough I think.

Soldato
I doubt he's that bothered by the money really, if he was he wouldn't have gone off and done rallying, or Nascar, or the random ice racing and boat races he does.

I'm a former Kimi fan, but I'd like to see someone else in the Ferrari seat soon. One more year is enough I think.

Ferrari will probably want to be really wary of who gets their second seat after seeing the events unfolding at Mercedes. Chances are they will just get a solid number 2 so to speak.

Back
Top Bottom