BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Associate
I just had BT call me up and offer me BT infinity. I told them that I was already getting it and had an engineer date but they didn't like to accept the fact that I have 2 lines in my house: 1 for the phone and one for broadband lol.

Associate
That will depend on the demographic of the average user :p It might be 14k homes, but 13k of them might be OAPs and have no interest in high-speed broadband. You must remember that they have to install new road-side cabinets too.

I don't have inside information, but a business case would have been produced for all of the exchanges and then put in an order of priority. There will some logic in there somewhere, it's not that they just don't like you :p

[Edit] And I'm as excited as a child at Christmas! (Ok, as excited as I am at Christmas!)

Yea common sense really I suppose.

I live in an area that has been referred to before as 1 of the most economically deprived areas in the EU so I have been told.

So the majority of 'potential clients' wouldn't fork out the 40 quid a month for infinity I suppose.

gits! :(

Soldato
Right guys, finally got BT Infinity!! =D

Previous:

1229004003.png

Now:

1229116280.png

Everything was done on time and the engineer was very friendly.

Associate
Hi all .....Infinity has just been enabled today for me to order.

Ive just checked online and its telling me:

Your broadband speed

We estimate your maximum download connection speed will be 27.7 Mbps*

The actual speed will typically be between 2M Mbps and 6M Mbps

We estimate your maximum upload connection speed will be 6 Mbps*

Im confused by the actual speeds being between 2 and 6 Mbps ,does this mean this is all il get or do i go off the 27.7Mbps?

I currently get just under 4meg with my current provider.

Thanks

Associate
Hi all .....Infinity has just been enabled today for me to order.

Ive just checked online and its telling me:

Your broadband speed

We estimate your maximum download connection speed will be 27.7 Mbps*

The actual speed will typically be between 2M Mbps and 6M Mbps

We estimate your maximum upload connection speed will be 6 Mbps*

Im confused by the actual speeds being between 2 and 6 Mbps ,does this mean this is all il get or do i go off the 27.7Mbps?

I currently get just under 4meg with my current provider.

Thanks

I ordered BT Infinity today and mine said something similar about 'actual speeds'. I think it's just a mistake, they're probably using the ADSL 'actual speeds' for your line.

Don
Speeds as of 7pm this evening on my DSL Max service:

1229790008.png

Watch this space for tomorrow :D (That ping is particularly high for some reason!). I've got my router configured and ready to go!

Soldato
Slower than 73% of uk today, faster than 97% tomorrow!

You've got similar line stats to me before I switched over to Infinity today, you'll love the switchover, trust me :D

Let us know how it goes

Associate
Never an issue- just checked it's cos I got neither in my area till 30th of June ¬_¬ Which is retarded cos I literally live 260 metres from the exchange.

Associate
BTW can either of you guys talk about the traffic shaping? Some people telling me they throttle p2p connections right down to 10KB/s at peak hours which I really cba to deal with.

Soldato
I have been enabled now for over a month and I still haven't moved to fibre. Would like to stay with zen but their price is too much and I am worried about traffic shaping with infinity and the quality of service as the months go on when everyone starts moving to it.

Back
Top Bottom