BT Smart hub released

Associate
One of the reasons I was looking at the Smart Hub was to get rid of an extra item I have to plug in. As it is I have 2x monitors, 1x tv, base unit, Router, Modem and 3x plugs for the Vive. I'm reading on it that the wifi on it is much better than my current Home Hub 3.

Associate
I phoned up BT to ask about cancelling as Plusnet were cheaper for a their 80mb fact package. After a bit of persuasion, I opted to stay with BT and got Infinity 2 (80 down) for £15.50 per month and one of these new smart hub arriving early next week for free on a 24 month contract. With about 12-15 devices connected in our house at any time, I'm hoping we will have less drop outs than we do with the HH5.

Soldato
I've still got the old Homehub 3 and have been thinking about changing for a while as have 1 less thing to plug in would be quite nice, instead of having separate router and modem. Is it worth paying for the new Smart Hub?

I had terrible problems with interference and dropouts on my HH3. Now on HH5A and the 5GHz band is so much faster and more stable.

Associate
I phoned up BT to ask about cancelling as Plusnet were cheaper for a their 80mb fact package. After a bit of persuasion, I opted to stay with BT and got Infinity 2 (80 down) for £15.50 per month and one of these new smart hub arriving early next week for free on a 24 month contract. With about 12-15 devices connected in our house at any time, I'm hoping we will have less drop outs than we do with the HH5.

Jammy sod, I phoned up BT to try and get my monthly payment down, all they wanted to offer was £25pm + line rental, and "that was the best they could do". So I just switched to Plusnet, and used topcashback.

Associate
Jammy sod, I phoned up BT to try and get my monthly payment down, all they wanted to offer was £25pm + line rental, and "that was the best they could do". So I just switched to Plusnet, and used topcashback.

Ive just went the other way lol on the 52mb package at £10 a month for 12 months.Get the HH6 plus £100 reward card.

Soldato
If you already have a 5B (or are on a cabinet where a 5A works fine) then I'm not sure I'd bother upgrading. It works fine but I haven't noticed any improvements, and I had no real complaints about the 5B, at least none that have been resolved by the 6.

Daft question - how do you tell if you have an HH5A or HH5B? Is it marked on the back of the unit?

Man of Honour
Very pleased with it. Faster connections and even Infinity speed has increased. Much better interface then on the HH5, definitely worth the upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom