[Build Log] MOD04 - PARVUM ITX WC

Associate
OP
UPDATE 4:

Things are starting to fall into place, Dazmode supplied fittings turned up Monday (after a small import tax payment). Then two fittings I'd forgotten arrived today from HighFlow.nl. The E22 supplied tubing and sleeving (for fans and IO) should be here tomorrow as should the PSU braids provided by Pexon PCs.

PARTS UPDATE:

• Be Quiet! Silent Wings 2 80mm PWM
  • Laing DDC Pump 12v DDC-1T Plus PWM
  • EK FB Asus M6I - Nickel Plexi

FITTINGS:

8 x Bitspower Silver Shining Enhance Rotary 90-Degree Multi-Link Adapter (BP-E90RML)
13 x Bitspower Silver Shining Enhance 90-Degree Dual Multi-Link Adapter (BP-E90DML)
2 x Bitspower G 1/4 Enhanced Multi-Link Adapter - 12mm OD (BP-EML)
4 x Bitspower Silver Stop Plug - Screw Fitting (BP-WTP-C06)
1 x Bispower Clear Stop Plug Fitting - G1/4" with 5mm LED hole (BP-ACSTI-BK)
1 x Bispower Stop Plug Fitting - G1/4" Silver Shining w/ Slot (BP-WTP-C09)
1 x Bitspower Rotary Fitting "T" - 180 Degree - shiny silver (BP-TR-C)
1 x Bitspower G1/4" Silver Shining Anti-Cyclone Adapter (BP-WTP-C46)
1 x Bitspower G1/4" Silver Shining Aqua-Pipe I Fitting (BP-WTP-C17)

Trying to visualize how the loop would fit has been a pain. Before I had to blocks fitted I thought I had a loop in mind and ordered the fittings. After I fitted the blocks it appeared my initial loop design wouldn't work. Luckily the new loop is cleaner with less angles and doesnt require all the fittings I bought. I didnt want to do any tube bending instead wanting straight lines with clean turns. It does mean using a fair amount of 90' fittings but it's a small loop in a tight space, I'm sure my flow rate will be fine.

Happy the Impact 6 block fitted the Impact 7 with no problems.

Coolant has been ordered (from OCUK), with a little luck I may get this completed at the weekend.

Thanks for checking out the update.

J.

Last edited:
Associate
Considering how many epic ITX Parvum builds are going down on the interwebs right now this one really has my attention. That is an amazing amount of fittings for such a small build and the rather unique res mount is intriguing. The card looks like it sits beautifully square and those EK rads with Parvum fans <3. I can't wait for another update and I hope the tubing goes well. Will it be in the lan halls at i53? I can only make it for saturday so no BYOC this time :(

@jr23 we will for sure use the same method for you.

:eek: the excitement!

JR

Associate
OP
Considering how many epic ITX Parvum builds are going down on the interwebs right now this one really has my attention. That is an amazing amount of fittings for such a small build and the rather unique res mount is intriguing. The card looks like it sits beautifully square and those EK rads with Parvum fans <3. I can't wait for another update and I hope the tubing goes well. Will it be in the lan halls at i53? I can only make it for saturday so no BYOC this time :(

:eek: the excitement!

JR

Cheers JR, I'm waiting on a few last parts tubing and cables being the main ones. Also ordered my coolent today from OCUK (2pm), paid for next day DPD and it's showing: "Order Status: In our warehouse queue". So not sure that'll be here tomorrow :(

All being well, yes it'll be in the LAN halls at i53. The hardware was all pre-tested, OS is installed and games installed. just gotta finish it. Really hoping everything turns up before the weekend, the other half is away so will be able to make a lot of head way.. more importantly, I want it done by tuesday so I can enjoy FC4.

I've high hopes for it's finished aesthetics, I'm considering looking for a photographer with a studio to do a better job then I can.. only so far i can get with a Sony A58, kit lens and a tripod.

J.

Associate
OP
UPDATE 5:

With i53 only 48 hours away the pressure has been tuned up. I had a few delays with cables which slowed progress some, but since Friday I've worked on it a lot. So much so I got through all four seasons of Game of Thrones, haha.

The loop is done, I've a new found appreciation for all of you that have built with hard tubing. It's no easy task, getting clean, straight cuts was my first hurdle. I came back from the hardware store with five different saws and found the cheapest one (a simple junior hacksaw) did the best job. I made a simple jig to hold the tube and used some heatshink as a sleeve to protect the lengths from marks and scratches, masking tape to mark out the cut and a lot of grit paper to chamfer the edges.

FrA8V8x.jpg

It's a tiny case, so fitting to loop was a challenge. The Parvum modular design is a true gift when working in small spaces. Being able to remove the right and top panel made this possible.

Cp71iwp.jpg
89yl7j2.jpg

Well thats the loop, What do you think?

Leak testing...

A3UgDXh.jpg

Thanks for checking it out, please, share your thoughts below.

J.

Associate
The approach to the tubing and the layout is so different to anything I would go for it's quite difficult for me to be critical in a useful way, I do like it, but I would never think of it (the loop). That's part of why I like it. I much prefer to be in the position to say 'it would be better if...' but anyway I do think the front tube is too distracting for the claw. I like the finish of everything and i'd like to say I like the colour too but iunno what it is :D Everything in the loop looks square and true, kudos for that.

Without being negative, please don't take this as 'I think you should' but more of if you passed all the bits over a week ago and told me to finish it 'I would have'... probably taken the the 80mm fan out and screwed the pump directly to the case to put a little more motherboard on show. But I would have probably never thought of mounting the res in that way anyways, it's a real quirk and a unique touch that I like. Not used cable combs where they are visible. Not used a rotary fitting next to a compression fitting (like in the GPU block and the front rad). So like the little 'S' going from the front rad to the res I would have put a 90deg rotary in the rad then a pipe then an elbow and the straight to the res to draw some symmetry to the lower pipe leaving the rad at the same time putting some more of Pex's work on show. Similarly with the GPU put the pipe to the rad on the left and used an extension and a rotary on the right bringing the CPU pipe higher up and closer to vertical. But on the whole i'm glad we thing differently.

It's a phenomenal collaboration which is really inspiring. Great lighting in the last shot, I wish I could see it at the weekend, perhaps in the spring.

JR

Associate
Another fantastic Parvum build, I love the contrasts you've created with it. Which fittings and tubing did you use for the build?

Associate
OP
UPDATE 5:

I'm back from Insomnia 53, winter LAN is the smaller of the three yearly LAN events held by mulitiplay with around 1300 BYOC gamers. MOD04 went down well and pulled a lot of interest from fellow lanners and exhibitors that came up to the gaming halls to check out the action.

The case travelled well and performed solid over the five days. Friday/Saturday saw the BYOC halls get really warm I left the side panel on while there and the GPU temps never topped 55'c. At home with the side off under prolonged load they topped out at 37'c! (granted it's winter and my office is a little chilly).

7lXarGQ.jpg
mef0wpF.jpg

OCUK came and took some photos along with a few other sites and reps (whomever they were) so fingers crossed they'll start popping up soon enough.

Now I'm home, I've cleared away all the mess from the build process and took a few shots of it on my desk. I'm sorry they are not better. I'm really proud of it, I hope you like it too.

IIRTKZW.jpg
f1fdSIH.jpg

fZYyi4q.jpg
OqMrgWP.jpg
1rWJFjY.jpg

Nf6fTRD.jpg
jVxREDW.jpg

So thats it folks, I've really enjoyed building it, massive thankyou to PARVUM SYSTEMS for their support I highly recommend their products. Thanks to Dazmode for their truly awesome customer support, there'd be no fittings in MOD04 if it weren't for them and lastly thanks to EKWB, BitsPower,
Asus, Inno3D and Kingston for producing such great products.

Hope to be doing another build after christmas. Please share your thoughts any/all feedback is always helpful.

J.

Last edited:
Associate
I was directed back here after reading another thread about the "Veer" version from Parvum.

Just wanted to say what an awesome build you have, excellent work.

Associate
OP
I was directed back here after reading another thread about the "Veer" version from Parvum.

Just wanted to say what an awesome build you have, excellent work.

Thanks! I sure like it. Hoping to have some studio esk shots done soon enough. New parvum build on the way.

J.

Associate
I see OcUK are even using your build shots in the section where they sell the cases, nice.

New build using which Parvum case? Or you keeping that under wraps? Look forward to it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom