*******C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Race Sim*********

Soldato
But you don't mind having 1080's on the side?
How were you planning to have 1440 freesync alongside 2x1080p screens all running the same thing?

Different res is ok (I think), but I doubt having freesync and non-freesync mixed triples is gonna fly.

Soldato
The problem is the pixel pitch. You might be okay if the monitors are the same size though to make it playable, but playing at a non native res generally looks terrible.

Soldato
hmm ok guys, you are right...would be a problem as I cant afford to buy 2 more Freesync monitors, and like you said I can't mix and match.

On a side note, been playing this a lot more, difficulty set to 95% with no assists what fun it is starting in the Clio Cup. Having some incredible races, plus really dialled in the G29, it's never felt so good. Not AC good, but very very good.

The AI are a real challenge at 100%...at 95% I've gotta work my socks off to get top 3 which is what I want from a driving game. Just been laping low 1:14s at Silverstone and still can't catch 1st place on a 100% race. I refuse to drop the difficulty or turn on any aid though lol, it's so nice.

V F

V F

Soldato
Anybody still playing Project Cars on PC? Interested in some Time Trials (could do this cross platform), or some weekend racing?

Physics are the same on console? I must admit I prefer Assetto Corsa even though I only have them on PS4. Just a shame Assetto Corsa doesn't have Bathurst and the Abu Dhabi track.

Associate
Physics are the same on console? I must admit I prefer Assetto Corsa even though I only have them on PS4. Just a shame Assetto Corsa doesn't have Bathurst and the Abu Dhabi track.

I take part in PC TT on pistonheads using default set, and the times are close between PS4 and PC, not sure if anyone plays on XBone though. Occasionally there is an obvious difference between players who are usually close. I have both PS4 and PC, but haven't got around to trying them out on PS4 yet, only just picked up a G29 in the recent Currys/PCWorld price drop.

I've played PCars more so AC feels strange to me. The FFB seems to "chatter" and rumble a lot more in AC. Don't know whether that's my settings though because I leave everything as default. I find AC a bit glitchy on PC as well, running triples the screens jump all over the place moving through menus.

Soldato
I'm one of few that actually enjoys Project Cars these days, I think it's a bloody fantastic racer now the handling is sorted. Also, with the FFB mods you can find on the forums, the game is very very good, actually a lot better than Assetto and iRacing for content anyway. I'd easily recommend it to anyone today for the crazy low price it is now, there's a ton of hours in there.

Project Cars 2 looking nice looking at that trailer, get the tissues ready for the 1:00 - 1:05 minute mark ;)

We shall see what the game has to offer though, big year for racing games this year, Forza Motorsport 7 on PC might be something very special.

Last edited:
Caporegime
How much more taxing is running 3 screens as opposed to 1?

This is my mate having a blast on my rig with my old SLI 1.5Gb GTX580's, settings mostly high and it ran very well IMO, despite my aged i7 870.
I now have a 780ti 3Gb, same CPU,triple monitors 5760x1080,and it's pretty much maxed out and runs beautifully.

Back
Top Bottom