*******C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Race Sim*********

LHM

LHM

Associate
I love this game but the micro stutter I get on with some cornering ruins the whole experience for me. I have a i7 4790k with 16gb ram and Nvidia GTX980Ti. I get a steady and constant 60fps yet I still get the micro judder. I have tweaked ingame settings till I am blue in the face but it makes no difference. Must be some sort of bug that has not been resolved.

Soldato
Just loaded this back up after not playing it for a few months. It runs worse than ever on my PC - I thought the AMD problems might have been fixed by now. Nope.

I get single figure FPS at the beginning of a race, with everything set to medium and any other things like AA are off. It will then go to 100+ FPS with only a few cars around. Time to uninstall and buy Assetto Corsa or Dirt Rally. Sigh.
I have a 7950 albeit paired with an I5 and the game runs very good for me.
I love this game but the micro stutter I get on with some cornering ruins the whole experience for me. I have a i7 4790k with 16gb ram and Nvidia GTX980Ti. I get a steady and constant 60fps yet I still get the micro judder. I have tweaked ingame settings till I am blue in the face but it makes no difference. Must be some sort of bug that has not been resolved.

Probably already tired it but have you tried latest/other drivers?

Last edited:

LHM

LHM

Associate
I have a 7950 albeit paired with an I5 and the game runs very good for me.

Probably already tired it but have you tried latest/other drivers?

I have the very latest drivers. ive given up with tweeking and google searches and just put up with it, even though it highly irritates me.

Associate
I have recently picked up a G29 & Wheelstand Pro and am having some great fun trying not to fall off the track in the rain and dark!

This was my 3rd attempt and a stormy night race, it's so intense just trying to keep on the track, let alone win!

Was going well until I got nobbled by the AI at the end ;)

Associate
Not sure if anybody is still playing this but I keep getting crazy judder on my driving force GT after installing windows 10.

I've took a video which might explain it better - LINK

Any ideas how to sort that?

Cheers

Soldato

Bit late with an answer, but I have just got a gaming rig similar spec to you, I too had terrible micro stutter /judder around corners. Was not nice, I smoothed most of it out by using Adaptive V Sync in the Nvidia Control panel and turning in game V Sync off. The VSync ingame for this game is nothing short of terrible it seems, also doing this seems to have made the replays run a bit smoother..

But in all honesty this game is full of problems, but hopefully doing what I did on your rig might help with the stutter if you haven't already fixed it.

Soldato
Associate
Soldato
Yup, got the latest ones mate. Mind sharing your settings in the profiler and in game? This was happening all on default which seems odd. Was perfect on windows 7 :(

I got some settings for FFB etc ages ago from the internet, and I've used them either since, its nothing special as it seems to work with most racing games for me but this is it -

DFGT.png

Also this might help -

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files

Soldato
this guy posts some really good racing vids up, and is setup is really good...Project Cars still impresses me, might have an afternoon racing instead of Forza or Assetto.

How much more taxing is running 3 screens as opposed to 1?

Last edited:
Soldato
got 390 crossfire and a 1440p freesync screen. Wonder if 2 1080p panels for either side of the same make and size will look ok. Theres no chance I'm getting two more 1440p BenQ screens to match this one lol

I take it I need to attach all monitors to the one GPU using the necessary cables?

Soldato
got 390 crossfire and a 1440p freesync screen. Wonder if 2 1080p panels for either side of the same make and size will look ok. Theres no chance I'm getting two more 1440p BenQ screens to match this one lol

I take it I need to attach all monitors to the one GPU using the necessary cables?

It's not going to work unless all three monitors are the same resolution.

Back
Top Bottom