*******C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Race Sim*********

Soldato
i have been fallowing this from the start.. from the first post at no grip forums from ian.. and he said they were not renders and real in game shots but to get these gfx you will really need to have a GOOD system.. so im sure my 8800gt will not look half as good :) and i think they are rebuilding the whole gfx engine and physics engine from shift2

So option 1 then? Useless for pretty much everyone, and even with the kind of pc needed to do this detail can you have 20+ fields and maintain that detail? If not isn't it pretty much the same as being renders?

Associate
OP
Griff
PC Lead
Slightly Mad Studios

DX11/CARS on NVidia hardware is currently more than 20% faster than DX9. Something in our new renderer is causing an issue on ATI h/ware and I'd like to get this sorted before release. It's more likely that we will wait until after the investor release for a full DX11 default. This isn't anything out of the normal - the opposite was true on Shift 2 with ATI being 20% quicker in development. Pre-release builds to both vendors should be submitted before the end of the week for feedback, but it will be Ian's call how this is enabled. How quick is it? 81fps on a GTX 480/4xMSAA with 8 AI in 1080p on one of my dev PCs. 105fps with FXAA.

Associate
OP
C.A.R.S. includes microtransactions priced from 10 cents to $10. A number of tracks and manufacturers have already been licensed.

The community will play the game as it's being built. You can subscribe to packages in the game at $5, $10 and $250 price points. Small businesses can get involved for $1000. You can even contribute $100,000, if you fancy it. Pay $5 a month and you'll get an in-game opponent named after you.

According to Eurogamer sister site GamesIndustry.biz, based on a two-year development cycle at a cost of $5 million, Slightly Mad estimates a $10 share will return $35 if the game hits a $25 million profit, or 657,000 traditional retail sales. A $250 share will return $875 and a $100,000 share $350,000.

Slightly Mad wants three million sales of C.A.R.S., a 90 per cent Metacritic and a profit of $52 million.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-23-nfs-shift-dev-reveals-new-game-c-a-r-s

Associate
OP
C.A.R.S!!!

Ian Bell @ Nogrip:

So, I think we're ready to go in a few days chaps.

impressions from somebody who already has the first build:

Quote:
The few cars that I have tried feel good: direct, responsive, FFB is detailed although some things are still worked on to make it even better. Currently I would say it feels much more alive than the FFB in GTR2, for example.
Quote:
I have never played GPL but I did read it's actually portraying those vintage race cars are harder to drive than they actually were. Still, the Lotus-like car in C.A.R.S. is a nervous biatch to drive on tracks with rapid height changes and undulations, and I'm not even speaking about driving over kerbs... It's amazing fun and challenging for sure

Quote:
For sure the graphics engine is far from finished. However, what it is showing already is great. No more low-res textures. Amazing lighting. Looking past the obvious things that still need work, IMHO it's looking on-par with S2U, and some things already better.

Also the tweaking options are cool. In-game adjustable FOV, for example. And the good-old adjustable seat is back as well. And that's just the beginning...

Quote:
I can say that graphics quality is already gob-smacking at times, think S2U with very high resolution textures.

Associate
http://www.wmdportal.com/
A playable version is available,if you wish to hand over some of your hard earned,i have subbed 25 euro's,and had a quick blast in a lotus,OMG,was like firing up GPL for the first time,only played with the keyboard so far,but loving it.
Check out the forums,then decide for yourself if you wish to spend,me,i reckon this early version knocks spots off f1 2011.

Soldato
Signed up to this earlier, just gives me an exception/ctd :(

Reading a few responses, seems to range from "omg best thing ever" to "feels quite like shift2", so quite varying :p

Permabanned
yes 25,000 makes you an investor and you when the game is released in just over a years time you obviously own part of the game and should theoretically make a profit if all goes well.

Soldato
This looks mind blowing.

Some of the shots of modern day F1 really do make F1 2011 look ancient.

Soooo tempted to buy a new wheel and sign up to this.

Back
Top Bottom