*******C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Race Sim*********

I've only just stumbled on this... It's coming on steam? D:

1726009-shut_up_and_take_my_money_super.jpg

Looks good. Although I'll always love LFS - we have a weekly 3 hour session - I might have to buy a membership for this game. The 25 Euro option looks best, cant afford the 100 Euro deal right now.

Three Caterhams Join Project CARS

Slightly Mad Studios are excited to announce the addition of another three fully-licensed cars to the lineup of their WMD-powered Project CARS title.

Project CARS Team Members will be able to experience three stunning cars build by Caterham Cars Ltd., a British company specialized in lightweight sports car machinery.

Caterham Classic

classic-300x171.jpg

Caterham R500 Superlight

1304151314_caterham_super_seven-300x177.jpg

Caterham SP/300.R

caterham-sp300-r-race-sports-car-prototype-300x161.jpg

src:WMdportal

Worth paying the £22 to play this?

yes, especially if you have a PC that can cope with it on higher settings and a wheel. however, with the xbox 360 controller the steering is incredibly jerky. i;m currently looking for a way to fix this

also, dont forget that if you participate a lot in the forums then you get some money back :)

Worth paying the £22 to play this?

Having fun with just a few tracks and cars so certainly worth a shot at 10 euros for Junior and take it from there. Did that a couple of weeks ago and likely to upgrade to Team Member for an extra 15 euros.

is there a free version or demo to try of this and where is it :D

10 euros minimum I'm afraid. Potentially your money back if the game sells well enough next year so nothing to pay for a year long demo!

"For the price of the minimum Tool Pack therefore, you'll be able to see the game being made, speak directly to the developers, and play a new version of the game each month.

Then, when the game is released you'll receive a free copy and potentially money back based on its success and your position in the company."

yes, especially if you have a PC that can cope with it on higher settings and a wheel. however, with the xbox 360 controller the steering is incredibly jerky. i;m currently looking for a way to fix this

also, dont forget that if you participate a lot in the forums then you get some money back :)

I'm quite interested in this one but supporting an xbox controller would be a big deal for me. If they get that sorted then it will be very tempting.

I'm quite interested in this one but supporting an xbox controller would be a big deal for me. If they get that sorted then it will be very tempting.

apparently they did have the xbox controller filters but now they dont in the latest build for some reason.

theres lots of people complaining on the forums so hopefully the filters will be back soon and it will be playable with the xbox controller

That's good to know, sometimes with sims they see the true sim as one that requires a wheel - that's fine but it's unfortunately not an accessory i'm going to be getting :(

great news guys. the xbox controller fix is going into fridays build :D

not sure when juniors will be able to use it, but its been mentioned in the daily code fixes bit on the forums that it was fixed for the upcoming builds

Build 106 (2/12/11, Junior Member+)
Eurogamer hotlap challenge introduced to the build
Remember the last selected leaderboard gui menu filter (don't default back to track select). Also fixed bug with blank leaderboard displaying if the user quickly cycled between track config back to original selection
Fix to discover the bottom of the leaderboard is the 0th row when no times have yet been registered
*Light* contact events no longer triggers lap invalidation
Tech hang fix for the tuning slots GUI save button
Restrict AI liveries to race only and randomly pick player livery if not running an hosted event, as they set livery explicitly. Adding EG specific livery as option value 99 and set it in events GUI handler (should ideally be set from server alongside other event info).
Remove back page history after saving a vehicle setup, to correct the Back button flow
Fix for crash when selecting FXAA
Events page countdown timers added
Added astroturf to material ids and cut track legal track test
NVIDIA SLI Fixes. These changes remove all remaining inter-frame dependencies - the end result being that it is no longer necessary to rename to the executable to get proper SLI performance
The change also provides a 4% speedup for DX11 regardless of SLI. (The mipmap generation was generating all face mips per face instead of only individual face mips!)
Caterham: fixed ambient shadow position, fixed exhaust position
Caterham cockpit display checked in
Caterham: changed joint setup to avoid bugs in CPIT view
Caterham: Camera settings tweaked
Caterham: Separate Eurogamer livery added
Caterham: cockpit material changes
Fuel consumption enabled for Time Trial events
Gumpert Apollo S - Interior texture. All new to replace the placeholder.
Tweaks for eurogamer release (exhaust, surface)
Layout fix for back button in setup screen
Gumpert: new placeholder liveries
Events page tidied up with new countdown timers
Ariel Atom 3 loda\b\c + cpit added
Caterham: new ambient shadow
Added astro turf to materials
Event leaderboard now has 8 item
Ariel Atom - LODA interior mapping and texturing WIP 1

Back
Top Bottom