Career change cyber security

Soldato
If he's near any bae systems site tell him to look at the apprenticeships. Couldn't recommend the company enough and the apprentices I talk to in the IT space have thoroughly enjoyed it

Soldato
Have been keeping an eye on this thread over the last few months and now am in a position to post now i've given notice to my current role :)

Decided that I need a career change into something that I find interesting at 32! :D

Have spent the last 10 years running a business with a family member, and Cyber Security has always piqued my interests.

Have always loved tech, and have been building PCs and so on since I was 12 years old.

So far have done CompTIA Network+ and Security+ as I lack any further education, and am now working through the TryHackMe paths to get familiarised with as many tools as possible.

Have been keeping my eye on SOC Analyst roles in LinkedIn, as while the Pen Test/Red Team side of things is where i'd love to end up, I know that these sorts of roles aren't for beginners so earning some stripes in a SOC is probably the place to start.

Any further advice from any of the pros out there?

Back
Top Bottom