Championship/EFL Thread 23/24

Associate
They're both doing better than Grimsby. Though it could be worse. Lincoln think they're a big club, and Scunthorpe are in the Poundshop under 13s league.

Last edited:
Soldato
Another cracking away win, beating Blackburn.

Has been a great weekend with both Preston and Ipswich slipping up.

Gutted for young McAteer getting injured.

Last edited:
Don
OP
Another cracking away win, beating Blackburn.

Has been a great weekend with both Preston and Ipswich slipping up.

Gutted for young McAteer getting injured.

You will run away with it like Burnley did last season. I think Ipswich will slip up eventually, as Preston has (their team on paper, looks so poor) - I guess Leeds still needs to get going, and I hope we can as the standard in the league is poor. Some sides can play football, but the majority are so bad; QPR, for example, did nothing, yet our 2nd half performance was just poor; we need to put these games to bed earlier.

Soldato
Another great decision by the Birmingham City board, sack the manager when we're 6th in the league. Last time they did that it went so well!

Rumour is Rooney is being lined up by our American owners.

Associate
Ipswich are playing good stuff. We've got fortunate in a few games with our keeper having to bail us out, but on the whole the football is exceptional. We create at least five good goalscoring chances every game. Can't quite believe how well they've taken to the Championship!

Soldato
Another loss, 0-2 at home to Hull. Doesn't look like he'll last long.

He seems a bit thick to me whereas surely decent managers need to be intelligent, rather than just good at football.

Yup can't imagine the players took it well either. Serves them right sacking an over achieving manager when they were 6th

Soldato
I watched the Welcome to Wrexham episode where Foster was signed to play in goal. He said that Wrexham has a squad for League 1/Championship. Looking at the League 2 table today, both Notts county and Wrexham 2nd and 3rd, only topped by Stockport. With both Notts county and Wrexham finishing on 100+ points pretty much fighting for 1st most of the season last year, will we see the current top 3 as it stands get promoted this season. I find it most interesting to see the 2 teams promoted last year fighting for promotion again. Notts C and Wrexham play today, that will be a cracking game I think. If Wrexham win, they will be on equal points with Notts C.

I am not a supporter of Wrexham but since this Documentary came out I have an interest in how they fare like millions of other people around the world. Same with Notts C, really.

I wonder if Wrexham have plans in order to get everything up to Premiership standards in the next few years? I Know they are building the new stand. Would they get more fans wanting to attend home matches if they do get to the Championship/Premiership?

A very interesting story, this Wrexham thing.

Soldato
Not just a computer (or some nerds excel spreadsheet) but a SUPER computer has Leicester and Sunderland taking top spots with the foxes smashing the second tier points record. Coventry vying for promotion too even though they are currently near the bottom.

Load of tosh :D

Back
Top Bottom