Clarkson's Farm

Soldato
Their reactions to the events with the pigs were certainly what drove it home and made is feel their pain.

Makes you realise just how difficult it is for regular farms to make anything pay dividends when they're unable to influence much and have to just pay whatever the market rates are for various consumables.

It was interesting to see them trialling the no till option on that field and it seems to have started out pretty well with the mixed crops. Be following the second half of the season with interest although we're away this weekend so won't be able to watch it until mid next week ... Looking forward to it though!

Soldato
Really didnt like any of that hover craft nonsense, that was very worst of " Scripted Top Gear" to it and hope anything like that never comes back again on the show cause it kills it.

Soldato
Really didnt like any of that hover craft nonsense, that was very worst of " Scripted Top Gear" to it and hope anything like that never comes back again on the show cause it kills it.

here we go. Of course some of it if not majority of it is scripted. Why bring it up like its top gear. Different breed (pun intended) of TV show. Season 1, when he gets his massive Lambo tractor, that was purely scripted for entertainment. He didn't need that tractor but he liked it and got it. The hover craft section, tried to make it work as it was tried many years before, clearly not going to work as its not used anywhere (as far as I know). just enjoy the show.

Soldato
here we go. Of course some of it if not majority of it is scripted. Why bring it up like its top gear. Different breed (pun intended) of TV show. Season 1, when he gets his massive Lambo tractor, that was purely scripted for entertainment. He didn't need that tractor but he liked it and got it. The hover craft section, tried to make it work as it was tried many years before, clearly not going to work as its not used anywhere (as far as I know). just enjoy the show.
The lambo was a tractor, it made sense he bought one and even shown it as a "working machine" on the farm with the servicing update etc. He didnt try and do anything stupid with it.
The hover craft stuff is pure nonsense, and the terribly fake "crash" they even have poor Kaylib pretend falling etc, it was pure cringe and massively out of place.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It didn't seem scripted to me, just Clarkson being his silly self and wanting to mess around with different vehicles.

Who on earth is Kaylib :cry: His crash wasn't fake either, he was struggling to control it in an open field and Clarkson had even warned him that it was difficult to steer and stop. Anyone using one for the first time would have done the same. Kaleb is clumsy and does things his own way, as we saw when he jumped off the machine without realising he was still attached.

It didn't kill the show at all and didn't even seem out of place, just the usual silliness we've seen throughout the show.

Last edited:
Soldato
The lambo was a tractor, it made sense he bought one and even shown it as a "working machine" on the farm with the servicing update etc. He didnt try and do anything stupid with it.
The hover craft stuff is pure nonsense, and the terribly fake "crash" they even have poor Kaylib pretend falling etc, it was pure cringe and massively out of place.
Kaleb said its wasnt necessary to have a tractor that big and it showed as he struggled with it, hitting posts and not being able to fit through certain areas of the farm. Crash want fake either.

I bet you think they put on the waterworks for the piglets didnt you

Last edited:
Soldato
Kaleb said its wasnt necessary to have a tractor that big and it showed as he struggled with it, hitting posts and not being able to fit through certain areas of the farm. Crash want fake either.

I bet you think they put on the waterworks for the piglets didnt you
Yes...that was after he bought it etc. He didn't buy it to do something it couldn't do apart from him not knowing the practicalities of using it on a farm his size.

Soldato
Was it fake when he banged his head as well then, or when Clarkson had the branch fall on him or when he sliced his thumb open in the previous season?
What does any of that got to do with faking stuff after?. One being real doesn't mean another is fake lol. That's a really bad logic.

The show is good enough as it is, leave that crap off it.

Caporegime
What does any of that got to do with faking stuff after?. One being real doesn't mean another is fake lol. That's a really bad logic.

The show is good enough as it is, leave that crap off it.

Because you seem to be judge and dury on what was fake and what isn’t. You haven’t provided any logic for why it was fake either so don’t be calling out other people on that.

It wasn’t crap, it was another daft segment just like many others in the series.

Last edited:
Soldato
Because you seem to be judge and dury on what was fake and what isn’t. You haven’t provided any logic for why it was fake either so don’t be calling out other people on that.

It wasn’t crap, it was another daft segment just like many others in the series.
Its was clearly fake to me, I mean you said he was in a whole wide field and yet, somehow, in a fixed camera position that had Jeremy framed to the right perfectly, he managed to crash just there, right in front of him, into that hedge, and when crashing front wise he fell to the left, I mean come on.
It's crap in that it takes me personally out of the element that it really is just a camera crew following a somewhat dim witted person learning about farming, and in turn we learn.
It wasn't though, they showed old film of using them.
I don't believe it was Clarksons idea, he was probably fed it but took up the gauntlet.

50 seconds

Yea, I suppose during the phase where hovercraft was a new thing and we would all be taking a car to work in one. It obviously went no where and didn't work, hence, a waste of time except for Jeremys production crew to build something for well nothing. Its very "top Gear" thing of taking X that was made for "y purpose to try and make it do Z, then film the antics in its failure, this show was doing well and was better for not doing that.
No, but I guess it's asking why you picked out that one accident as fake if you're happy with all the other similar accidents?
I'm not actually. have you ever worked on a farm?, cause I have. Ever seen a farmer cut in half by a silage tanker?...ever see one paralysed when crashing front over end from a quad bike? ( because, ya know, ya don't just stagger off to the side)
Did ya notice the medic jump in when Jeremy I think got hurt?, last I checked, no famer had a medic on standby. I work for a family that owns a farm, lambing, show horses, cattle for slaughter, the works. They give over 20k a year to the only medic available to farmers and that is the Air Ambulance.

I have heard them also mention the questionable treatment of the Pigs and lack of attention during birthing, if anyone knows about farming you know you go without sleep for about 3 weeks during that phase and lambing season.
Im not saying I think the show overall is bad, I very much enjoy it, but their is massive amount clearly left out to give appearance that Jeremy is farming. The whole "I can make this old shed into a restaurant cause its there" was a big giveaway.

I'll leave it there as I feel more would be just be derailing the thread.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Its was clearly fake to me, I mean you said he was in a whole wide field and yet, somehow, in a fixed camera position that had Jeremy framed to the right perfectly, he managed to crash just there, right in front of him, into that hedge, and when crashing front wise he fell to the left, I mean come on.
It's crap in that it takes me personally out of the element that it really is just a camera crew following a somewhat dim witted person learning about farming, and in turn we learn.

We've seen time and time again that they can both be reckless and not think things through. It just seems silly to say stuff like that kills the show when it's really no different from several other segments.

If you're driving a hovercraft for the first time and you're a little careless, you're likely to crash if you try to stop too close to an object.

He crashed right near where they started from when coming back to stop. It really isn’t that deep lmao.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just..except for the go pro footage facing him and Jeremy and crew have disappeared lol.

They’ll have had cameras set up all over for potential footage. Clarkson and the crew won’t have stood in the same place either.

As I said, it really isn’t that deep. Just a genuine crash from someone’s first few attempts at stopping a hovercraft that is notoriously difficult.

Having just watched the clip again on YouTube I think you’re confusing different parts as well. The time he falls out is a different scene to the one where he crashes into the bush with the go pro angle from the attached camera on the front. The angle there means you wouldn’t be able to see Clarkson behind him anyway as he’s further up the field.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Did ya notice the medic jump in when Jeremy I think got hurt?, last I checked, no famer had a medic on standby. I work for a family that owns a farm, lambing, show horses, cattle for slaughter, the works. They give over 20k a year to the only medic available to farmers and that is the Air Ambulance.

There are practical realities (especially smaller and/or family run), and albeit not the same as having a medic like a film production will have, but many farming operations these days will have someone with level 3 hazardous work places first aid training on site.

Soldato
Did ya notice the medic jump in when Jeremy I think got hurt?, last I checked, no famer had a medic on standby.
Also, how many farmers have camera crews following them round and billion dollar companies invested in them.
and when crashing front wise he fell to the left, I mean come on.
He was clearly going sidewise, almost backwards and suddenly stopped and the camera angle was the fixed onboard. Almost certainly not staged.

Honestly, I think you're really grasping at things.

Back
Top Bottom