Classic Movies on the Big Screen

Soldato
That's not true, we visited our Vue cinema in Edinburgh on Friday to watch Alien (1979) and then returned on the Saturday to enjoy Aliens (1986) Extended version.
@ColdAsIce assured me when he checked the times for Saturday, they had an Alien showing later in the evening after his Aliens showing.

Granted you've watched across two days so didn't have that issue, also fairly sure you went to the same cinema as him unless there are multiple Vue's in Edinburgh.

Soldato
@ColdAsIce assured me when he checked the times for Saturday, they had an Alien showing later in the evening after his Aliens showing.

Granted you've watched across two days so didn't have that issue, also fairly sure you went to the same cinema as him unless there are multiple Vue's in Edinburgh.
If I had realised at the time, I could have booked Friday for Alien and then Aliens on the Saturday but they also had a showing for Alien on Saturday at 10ish PM. When Aliens was on at 8pm. Well as you can imagine it's not possible to see both within these two time frames :|

Soldato
If I had realised at the time, I could have booked Friday for Alien and then Aliens on the Saturday but they also had a showing for Alien on Saturday at 10ish PM. When Aliens was on at 8pm. Well as you can imagine it's not possible to see both within these two time frames :|
Just can't wrap my head around the logic of showing Aliens before Alien in day and also not allowing enough time to fit them both in for a double bill for the discerning cinema goer.

Soldato
We visited the Vue at the Omni Centre in Edinburgh. I believe there's another Vue cinema down at the Ocean Terminal though we've never visited that one.

The first movie was shown at 20:00 on Friday night and the second at 20:00 on Saturday night. I saw they also had another showing (of Aliens) on the Saturday starting at 23:00 however we decided the 02:00 finish time was far too late to be out for oldies like us :p

Caporegime
Aliens booked for this Wednesday with the 21 year old. He's never seen it. I see Alien is on before it but times are tight for finishing work, getting food and getting to the cinema.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyo

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Aliens tonight at the Cinema! Cant wait!!. Did watch Alien beforehand to be ready :)

Absolutely amazing, shows good movie still stand up well even after all these years. Brilliant on the big screen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom