Complex solar issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Hello All,

Installer has installed Solar pv while they lost MSC Certificate after I signed the contract.

The flat roof and pitch roof installation has been incorrect as per MSC.

Now, Pigeon is getting trapped inside and not able to come out. Meanwhile, I have received a full refund of payment.

Now pitched roof installation has cause verge to damage and I have to pay for it.

Please advise me going forward

Should I ask someone to remove the system? How much might it cost me to remove?

Is there any chance to recop money to uninstall from Installer?

Should I try yo fix it? I am worried about flat/pitched roof damage because of the high wind.

Keeping will cost me, and it might cost afterwards!

Please advice me.

Please advice me.

Man of Honour
You will need someone who deals in solar to confirm the problems, then go back to the installer.

Is there a solar installer ombudsman contact them?

After that it's lawyers and expense.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thank you for your response.
The installer is not responding now.

Lawyers and expenses are always costly, so we need to find alternative options.

Is there any company/scheme that can collect and installed the Solar PV System for free?
or something like that.

Please let me know.

I am not sure there is any solar installer ombudsman.
If yes Please let me know.

Soldato
Hello All,

Installer has installed Solar pv while they lost MSC Certificate after I signed the contract.

The flat roof and pitch roof installation has been incorrect as per MSC.

Now, Pigeon is getting trapped inside and not able to come out. Meanwhile, I have received a full refund of payment.

Now pitched roof installation has cause verge to damage and I have to pay for it.

Please advise me going forward

Should I ask someone to remove the system? How much might it cost me to remove?

Is there any chance to recop money to uninstall from Installer?

Should I try yo fix it? I am worried about flat/pitched roof damage because of the high wind.

Keeping will cost me, and it might cost afterwards!

Please advice me.

Please advice me

Why would you want to remove….does it not work at all??

You also received a full refund, so should have the money to fix the verge, cant cost that much??

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Why would you want to remove….does it not work at all??

You also received a full refund, so should have the money to fix the verge, cant cost that much??

Installtion on the flat is not safe as it is very close to verge, making it unsafe in case of high wind.

Pitch roof is having Bird getting trapped and unable to come out.

So both are not safe and electric not been installed correctly.

Now as I have very bad experience, I am worried about further cost as installer couldn't MSC certified.

Please let me know what are best option for me?
How to achieve it.

Associate
OP
Any pictures? How close to the flat roof edge? How is it fixed down? When was it installed, has it been through any winter storms yet?
thank you for asking, I don't know how to send pics here but both the flat roof and pitched are 300mm close to the edge. (also looks like because it is close to the edge, it is might be causing verge damage during storms on pitched roof.)
the flat roof panels are not fixed down.
It's up for two winters and there were storms.

but looking at complexity, what do you think?

Sgarrista
Commissario
Easiest option would be to put a request on rated people for someone to come and correct the problems. If you already have the equipment for free, then paying someone to come and correctly remove and reinstall properly is a no brainer.

Associate
OP
Easiest option would be to put a request on rated people for someone to come and correct the problems. If you already have the equipment for free, then paying someone to come and correctly remove and reinstall properly is a no brainer.

correcting the problem is not easy pitched roof and flat roof installation is occupying the whole of the area. there is no room to move. I am now so fed up thinking of removing it and will not reinstall it.

Just getting rid of the system might fix future costs, and will make the roof/electric safe.

Associate
Sounds like the flat roof is fine then if its been through 2 winters already, so can leave that alone? Bird guard mesh needs fitting around the pitched install to stop the pigeons? Damage to the verge, obviously needs repairing and then working out why it became damaged and do something to stop that. Really need pics to advise further.

If its been up for 2 winters, whats the problem with the installer now losing MCS certification?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Sounds like the flat roof is fine then if its been through 2 winters already, so can leave that alone? Bird guard mesh needs fitting around the pitched install to stop the pigeons? Damage to the verge, obviously needs repairing and then working out why it became damaged and do something to stop that. Really need pics to advise further.

If its been up for 2 winters, whats the problem with the installer now losing MCS certification?
I am after fixing the verge but it might be damaged because of the pitched roof Solar PV is very close to the edge and due to vibration, it might be damaging the verge or during installations.

I am worried that the flat roof panels can damage the roof if it is not stable and that's too much to pay for.

The installer lost MCS accreditations after I signed the contract and installation so didn't produce the MCS certification.
I don't MCS certificate for the installation.

AF1QipPaK9ysTlUA7N3BsoJTc2_f4iJDNFgwKKhl6smP=s1360-w1360-h1020

AF1QipNYwvx7-bdvbClcqfWVKovGLvivpS_gCC-ltF3K=s1360-w1360-h1020

y4me7v-EYiO-2Leacro2xphOFx5BvaDVquolpodloYCoKiFWFEvswy1oe6_YUqTbsU6xnz76rhCwP1yno53iu2BA-bzsiJRvviPpmMk8vRr_SRHe76z3e1mfpf3MpwTSli3bmjwx3vZoztdB2qKunDR78GEmyRuHTjLxt8DF08Fj3JWu5_pCjV7ijPUQELoO9-GpxzsJmrD0PJWPpA-Y-vIjl_vtgBEleznnfeqrOUn1KU

I am worried about further costs as not gain much from installation and no point in spending more when the return is low.

Please advise.

Soldato
I am after fixing the verge but it might be damaged because of the pitched roof Solar PV is very close to the edge and due to vibration, it might be damaging the verge or during installations.

I am worried that the flat roof panels can damage the roof if it is not stable and that's too much to pay for.

The installer lost MCS accreditations after I signed the contract and installation so didn't produce the MCS certification.
I don't MCS certificate for the installation.

AF1QipPaK9ysTlUA7N3BsoJTc2_f4iJDNFgwKKhl6smP=s1360-w1360-h1020

AF1QipNYwvx7-bdvbClcqfWVKovGLvivpS_gCC-ltF3K=s1360-w1360-h1020

y4me7v-EYiO-2Leacro2xphOFx5BvaDVquolpodloYCoKiFWFEvswy1oe6_YUqTbsU6xnz76rhCwP1yno53iu2BA-bzsiJRvviPpmMk8vRr_SRHe76z3e1mfpf3MpwTSli3bmjwx3vZoztdB2qKunDR78GEmyRuHTjLxt8DF08Fj3JWu5_pCjV7ijPUQELoO9-GpxzsJmrD0PJWPpA-Y-vIjl_vtgBEleznnfeqrOUn1KU

I am worried about further costs as not gain much from installation and no point in spending more when the return is low.

Please advise.
Nothing wrong with those installs……mine are fitted closer to the edge than those without issue. They been up 2yrs you said with no issues.

So whats the problem???

Man of Honour
You cheaped out by not getting bird fencing and now complaining about birds?
Fact is you then had a full refund after as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom