Complex solar issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
OP
Nothing wrong with those installs……mine are fitted closer to the edge than those without issue. They been up 2yrs you said with no issues.

So whats the problem???
MCS guys complained about this as this could cause overturning of the panels during the storms and I don't want further damage to the property. that will be too much to pay, if anything goes wrong.

Associate
As long as those rails are still fixed and solid, there should be no vibration and damage to the verge from them? Must've been from installation, so fix it, whatever is wrong with it, and see if any damage occurs again, which is doubtful looking at the install.

How is the flat roof panel array held down, ballast in buckets? If so, it cant really damage the roof unless not enough weight is in there and it slides around? But with 2 winters behind it now, is also doubtful.

If you've had a full refund, god knows how you managed to get that, I dont really know what the issue is. The system is working, you're generating and getting free power when the sun shines yes?

Man of Honour
bird fence has been installed by installer is not working as birds are still getting under.
are those pictures you posted recent? there doesn't seem to be any bird fencing?

bird fencing for the panels usually has metal netting at the edges and look like this:
a6lo6bY.jpeg

Associate
OP
As long as those rails are still fixed and solid, there should be no vibration and damage to the verge from them? Must've been from installation, so fix it, whatever is wrong with it, and see if any damage occurs again, which is doubtful looking at the install.

How is the flat roof panel array held down, ballast in buckets? If so, it cant really damage the roof unless not enough weight is in there and it slides around? But with 2 winters behind it now, is also doubtful.

If you've had a full refund, god knows how you managed to get that, I dont really know what the issue is. The system is working, you're generating and getting free power when the sun shines yes?

The flat roof panels are held down using ballast.
I got a refund from the credit card company.

It is free power but there are other costs involved e.g. battery is giving up during winter as PylonTech is not been able to communicate with the Solis inverter and getting flat. as per Solis, it needs a battery to be able to work properly.

the flat roof, pitch roof (pigeon issue), and electric/ battery also I believe it is producing full power as the installer has installed panels in the wrong direction to get more panels on the flat roof.
Looks like I am fed up with these as so many unknowns and future costs are giving me nightmares.

Last edited:
Soldato
The flat roof panels are held down using ballast.
I got a refund from the credit card company.

It is free power but there are other costs involved e.g. battery is giving up during winter as PylonTech is not been able to communicate with the Solis inverter and getting flat. as per Solis, it needs a battery to be able to work properly.

the flat roof, pitch roof (pigeon issue), and electric/ battery also I believe it is producing full power as the installer has installed panels in the wrong direction to get more panels on the flat roof.
Looks like I am fed up with these as so many unknowns and future costs are giving me nightmares.
There are no future costs…….just leave them be and let them produce the electric.

And how are they installed in the wrong direction??? They are installed where you wanted them in the direction the roof is pointing. Cant be installed any other way

Associate
Well the battery issue is a new thing, and that'll probably simply be a simple settings issue.

As Welshman says, there's no costs unless you want to pay someone else to remove it all and install something else?

Sounds like the installer was optimising the layout to get you the most panels, something most people are happy with? If those panels had flipped/damaged the roof etc, then fair enough, dodgy crap install etc, but that's not happened.

To me, or sounds like your just need the bird mesh installing properly, and a setting or 2 changing on your inverter? What's the minimum discharge level set to? Do you know anything about it?

Associate
OP
Well the battery issue is a new thing, and that'll probably simply be a simple settings issue.

As Welshman says, there's no costs unless you want to pay someone else to remove it all and install something else?

Sounds like the installer was optimising the layout to get you the most panels, something most people are happy with? If those panels had flipped/damaged the roof etc, then fair enough, dodgy crap install etc, but that's not happened.

To me, or sounds like your just need the bird mesh installing properly, and a setting or 2 changing on your inverter? What's the minimum discharge level set to? Do you know anything about it?
Yes battery is set to min 20% buy still discharging to 0.

Bird mess is messy as I asked roofer to fix one side and now birds back from different location and not be able to come out. I have to open the mesh from windows. So it is nightmare situation. Calling roofer is costly and God know what they will do when working.

Associate
OP
There are no future costs…….just leave them be and let them produce the electric.

And how are they installed in the wrong direction??? They are installed where you wanted them in the direction the roof is pointing. Cant be installed any other way
I asked to install flat roof panels on south but they still installed on east so producing significantly less.

Associate
OP

I asked to install flat roof panels on south but they still installed on east so producing significantly less.
So why didnt you stop them when they was fitting the system???

Seems like all this isnt just the fitters problem……

I was working on that day dispite previous communication and after that they refused to change.

Associate
OP
I am getting the impression we are only getting half the story here and even that half sounds as dodgy as can be
Thank you for your response.

Why would I talk about half story when I will gain some valuable response from the discussion only if the story is full. I believe so.

Caporegime
Yes battery is set to min 20% buy still discharging to 0.

Bird mess is messy as I asked roofer to fix one side and now birds back from different location and not be able to come out. I have to open the mesh from windows. So it is nightmare situation. Calling roofer is costly and God know what they will do when working.

When my system was first installed I had a similar problem, turned out that the CT clamp wasn’t actually connected properly, so there were no readings reaching the inverter. The inverter then switched to it’s “off grid” discharge setting, which was 0% SoC.

I am getting the impression we are only getting half the story here and even that half sounds as dodgy as can be

I’m reading buyers remorse.

Associate
OP
When my system was first installed I had a similar problem, turned out that the CT clamp wasn’t actually connected properly, so there were no readings reaching the inverter. The inverter then switched to it’s “off grid” discharge setting, which was 0% SoC.

That's correct I am regrating but not sure how to fix or go forward as not a technical person and can't fix it myself. I don't want to occur further cost as cost of labor is not that low.

Associate

Is it still called buyers remorse when you don't pay for it.

Maybe the real reason for no MCS and why nobody will fix it

Soldato

Id like to know what the credit card company was told to get a refund…….as by the seems the installers didnt give them the refund. All sounds as dodgy as a 2 bob note to me.

Associate
OP

Thank you for your positive response.

I paid it but due to issues not resolved by installer, I got refund.

It would have been nice to get some advice how to go forward from this.

Soldato
Advice……use the 10k+ refund you got to fix whatever roof issues you think you may have.

2nd Advice - leave solar alone and enjoy the free electric, which is even more free as you got full refund.

3rd Advice - stop moaning to us and get on the internet and find a local solar contractor and speak to them about it.

We cant fix your issues for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom