Corsair Carbide Air 540 Builds

Soldato
The only mod, was for a fill port... other than that I just put some thumb screws through the mesh at the back, did not need to cut or alter anything... The worst that it's done is scratch a tiny bit of the black.

Hmmm, do you think it would work ok without the fill port? That's just for filling not actually part of the securing mechanism?

I may have to get that mount and the adaptor (if I can find them) for my DDC pump as it's nice to keep it up out of the way.

My PSU is smaller, but non-modular, so don't see me having any more space.
Was gonna mount it to the rear fan, but that would cover up the cpu block a fair bit, would could be fiddly, plus would block a top mounted rad.

Guess as I only plan to do a CPU loop (at least to start with) I could run a dual rad in the roof and use a fan mounting adaptor thingy to mount the pump/res at the front...

Associate
OP
Here is the best photo I can manage of the lighting.

Final4.jpg

Permabanned
Cool, what do you guys use to stick down the Led's?

It comes with sticky 3M tape on the back on the NZXT Hue. Others seem to use the same. A few years back when they didn't use tape I used duck tape in-between the lights to hold it. It worked:D

I think the NZXT hue is worth the money. If you get sick of the same colour you can always change it.

Permabanned
The only downside is you have to fit the controller somewhere. The basic LED's just wire to a molex and away you go.

True,but with this case you could just put the controller in the back. You can then change them when your bored with that colour. Down side to having one colour is you cant change colour at all. Your stuck with that one colour.

Don
Well my 540 is powered up and working nicely. It's a lot quieter than I thought idle and both sides are currently off.

I took a load of pics when I was building, I was going to create a log on here but not sure it's that interesting to be honest. The case is a lot bigger and heavier than I anticipated, I do like it though, my wife thinks it looks like a suitcase...

Associate
OP
Well my 540 is powered up and working nicely. It's a lot quieter than I thought idle and both sides are currently off.

I took a load of pics when I was building, I was going to create a log on here but not sure it's that interesting to be honest. The case is a lot bigger and heavier than I anticipated, I do like it though, my wife thinks it looks like a suitcase...

Even if you don't want to post the full build log, a few pics would be nice to see. So please post some :)

Permabanned

Yes I would like to see pics. I have to hold off my build until next week. My NZXT touch screen fan controller and my PSU braided cable from Corsair hasn't come yet. Once those come I'll post pics here.

Back
Top Bottom