Council Tax

Soldato
I have to pay, why shouldn't everyone? I get sick of seeing people on benefits in new cars and going on expensive foreign holidays every year when I'm driving a 10 year old car and holiday every 2 years. The growing sense of entitlement this country has seen from certain sections of the populace in the last 20 years is staggering. Good news. Finally I can see a benefit to actually working and contributing to society.

Don
How many of you live with mommy or at Uni?
I don't.

I don't believe people who genuinely can't pay council tax are being locked up. There's still support available to people who are needy to get it either reduced or written off completely.

If the op can provide actual reports of poor people being locked up then I might change my mind.

Soldato
2h5p92u.jpg

Associate
Why would I sign a petition which;

1) Seeks to remove penalties and make it easier for people to avoid paying their taxes.
2) Would result in an increase in MY taxes to make up for the shortfall due to tax dodgers.

I would suggest that if you and your family are in a position that you are unable to pay your council tax then you really need to reassess whether you need all your expensive computer components.

PC's' flat screen TV's and holidays abroad are luxuries. Taxes are not.

/Salsa

Permabanned
So somebody doesn't pay a few hundred quid to the council

Council then gets them put in prison at twenty five times the cost to the taxpayer, of their original bill.

:rolleyes:

This is pointless, stupid and probably an abuse of power.

Every council tax should be slashed in half, they do almost nothing of any worth and frankly it would be cheaper to pay the fire/ambulance/police services directly.

And I'll take my own rubbish to the tip.

Soldato
Every council tax should be slashed in half, they do almost nothing of any worth and frankly it would be cheaper to pay the fire/ambulance/police services directly.

Councils are already having to close libraries and swimming pools. Do you really want them to shut down all social services too?

Man of Honour
I disagree with how inefficient councils are but in principle I don't disagree that we should all pay our way. Not signing.

Back
Top Bottom