• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Crysis 3 Open BETA Benching.

Caporegime
With Crysis 3 just having been released for free for a month i thought it might be a good idea to see just how much it will melt your rig! :D

This is Multiplayer, so completely unscientific. but a good idea for the sort of performance you can expect.

Full players map, FRAPS bench from beginning of round to 10 seconds before end.

Edit- i should say that these are (Crash Site - Airport - Multiplayer) not CooP

Settings detail.

CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1090T @ 4Ghz

GPU: Gigabyte Radeon 7870 : 1140 / 1450

1920 x 1080P
SMAA: 1x
AF: 16x
All GFX settings: High

Min FPS: 37 / Max FPS: 98 / Avg FPS: 68 / Frame Time: 39290.

There is more in it yet, i might crank the settings to Max :D

PS; What a fantastic game....

Untitled_zpscd7c05a9.png

-------------------------
Settings detail.

CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1090T @ 4Ghz

GPU: Gigabyte Radeon 7870 : 1140 / 1450

1920 x 1080P
SMAA: 1x
AF: 16x
All GFX settings: Very High (maximum GFX settings)

Min FPS: 29 / Max FPS: 57 / Avg FPS: 43.715 / Frame Time: 569738.

Cry3crashsiteairportveryhigh_zps253805d2.png

Its dropped 15 FPS off the average and 8 FPS off the Minimum by going from High to Very High GFX settings, its still perfectly playable and smooth, but with those settings i did notice a bit of latency lag, if you need to get your shots in before your opponent a bit more GPU grunt is needed at Very High settings.

Next i'm going to add some AA.

-------------
GPU Load...

GPUload_zps6b1d7603.png

CPU Load

CPUload_zps81cf0c02.png

Cryengin3 seems very nicely threaded, no Bottleneck with room to spare on the CPU.
Thats what we want to see :) The original Cryengin (Crysis1) only used 1 core, rubbish performance no matter what...

Capture_zps37c12f24.png

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Ive got a Sandy B @4.8ghz and crossfire 7970s and with everything maxed it was dropping to 25fps in parts. A bigger concern is the fact the game is garbage. Built for the CoD generation.30 second rounds and every step you take is rewarded for those ADHD kids. Uninstalled after 5 minutes and I still think Crysis 1 had beter graphics.

P.S I am running at 1400p

Rounds are a few minutes long, i didn't pay much attention to the clock but i think its 5 minutes, not as long as high ticket BF3 maps, but not bad.

For me BF3 has become a bit silly, when you have Colonel rank 100 players jumping 15 feet into the air around corners; with a single PING noise you and your 5 team mates are dead before his feet are back on the ground it just makes me go "yeah right" ALT + F4....

I'm looking for an alternative, this might be it, but Planet Side 2 is becoming increasingly enjoyable.

Caporegime
OP
My SPM is about 43. Safe to say i'm a beast.

I'm downloading Crysis 3 now, will have a play later :D

I hate snipers :p

Mind you, i have just started playing Recon after about 400 hours :o, the L96 is a lot of fun with the 8x or 12x scope.

On Channels you can just sit on the Carrier and pick people off around the containers yard. Thats why i hate Snipers :D

Caporegime
OP
I don't think i have the CQB yet, as i say i have only just started playing Recon.

BTW, if i get *PING-Dead* and the kill screen says "Tonester0011 - Recon - CQB" i may curse you in the text window :cool:

Caporegime
OP
I ran a log on a 680 @1920x1200 all settings high no AA pretty much stayed at 89fps with one min of 73fps......read absolutely nothing in to that as you can't reliably bench a multiplayer game, but should be able to play @ high in the SP with mins above 60

http://www.geforce.co.uk/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-313-95-beta-drivers-released

Seems about right, 7870- on all High just wondering round is about 75/80 getting shot at drops to 50.

Also... 13.2 BETA- "Improves performance up to 15% in high MSAA cases for the Crysis 3 beta release"

Im getting old i think and i'm easily confused, but i started a round and all my team just ran into corners and hid, then they all started dying, i was running around like a lunatic looking for someone to shoot, didnt see anyone. Then apparently we lost the round.

Maybe ill just stick to CS and WoW :)

lol, welcome to Crysis, you and your opposite have invisibility cloak (Press E) not that it makes you or your opposite completely invisible, people also move around very quickley, you never stand still in first person shooters and you try not to wonder around in the open.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
No, that's the Hunter game, cloaked hunters with a bow track down the uncloaked cell team.....actually really good but the game times are too short :D

You have a weapon and a grenade that can expose the hunters, your right though, no time to learn maps and bits and bobs while your cannon fodder :D

You can actually see him, it is fun being hunted by some one who is almost invisible, hunting him is more fun, the hunted getting the hunter is very satisfying :D

Caporegime
OP
One thing i have found is that it does not like RadeonPro, anything over medium setting and the game crashes in the same way for me Tonester0011, i'm not running RadeonPro with it until i can figure out why.

Anyway, on my 7870 the game runs very nicely on all high + 1x MSAA, it will play on all very high but not all that well, tho it might for those who can get 1250Mhz+ out of their 7870's...

If you turn MSAA up to 4x, its unplayable and i can't see anything in the difference in GFX quality to explain it. its a bit meh...

I'm going to test Latency next...

Caporegime
OP
show him the crysis 3 comparison :D

PC
http://i.minus.com/iwjahbdNVt5mt.png

Anyone who says that looks crap is acting derp.... :p

Look at the complexity and detail in that.

I'm a big fan of the quality of the GFX in BF3, they are impressive, but Crysis3 beats it, i think.

The amount of texture in it is unreal, the tessellation in this game must be off the scale, no wonder all GPU's choke on it.

Caporegime
OP
Still say Crysis 1 looked better:

For

Example

Crysis 2 and 3 just have lots and lots of post processing over fairly bland and unimpressive small maps.

There is no denying Crysis 1 also looks great, there is also a lot of texture in it, but i also have Crysis 1, and Warhead, and 2.

2 is a definite evolution of the clarity and quality of the image from 1 and Warhead, 3 is an evolution over that, to me the image definitely looks better, certainly better than 1 and Warhead.
The maps are small, about the size of a BF3 SQDM, but then there are only 2 maps, this is BETA and can hardly be judged to the full game.

Whats more, (to what others have said) 10 minute rounds are not to short, they are certainly not CoD, its also a far more complex game than CoD, you have to play it some to get to know the game, you start to realise its not just run and gun.
That is simply something you can do if thats the way you want to play it, just like BF3.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I also think visually it looks fantastic. Copious amounts of AA will cripple even the best systems. I love to see games that push our systems so hard and then compare them to the console versions.

My potential son in law played BF3 on a PS3 and when he see me playing it on ultra settings, he couldn't believe how bad it looked on his PS3. I built him an I5 system soon after :)

Crysis 3 is for real men. :p

Just one problem with that, the PS4 (Orbis) is rumoured, increasingly rumoured to be getting an AMD 8 Core Steamrooler + 7950 APU hybrid.

I can't see it myself, re- TDP / Cooling, But its obvious that Sony are pushing the boat out with Orbis, judging by what they say they want it to do, it probably will do 1920 x 1080P HQ GFX, and end up with a 4 core Steamrooler + 7850 equivalent GPU.

On a Game Console with a very lite OS purely designed for gaming its probably going to be quite good.

Back
Top Bottom