Cyberpunk 2077

Soldato
After several months, I finally finished the game last week. I've now seen all the base game endings and two of the Phantom Liberty ones, completed all jobs, side jobs, gigs and am still chipping away at the NCPD dispatch jobs (only realised the other day there's a filter for those on the map; there's a lot). I've thoroughly enjoyed all my time with the game, I'm not a big RPG player and tend to stick to stuff like Mass Effect, Fallout etc so I can't compare it to the likes of Skyrim or The Witcher, but the sheer amount of content and the generally high consistent quality of it has really impressed me. The attention to detail, environmental storytelling, characters, sound design etc are all really, really good. I don't think it quite rivals modern GTAs in some of those respects but for an RPG it comes awfully close at times.

I think my main complaint is that despite being reworked, some of the systems are still a but uninituitive; the cyberware, quickhacks, crafting/upgrading interfaces are all a bit muddled and it took me a while to finally get to grips with them and understand how to get the most from each. The game does have a few tutorials at the start but for some reason it leaves you to figure out the more complicated aspects yourself, and I suspect casual players could end up entirely ignoring them.

It's a real travesty it launched in the state that it did and then took them so long to get to the state it's in now, I know the game has sold well but it's easy to see it could've done so much better and perhaps we'd have got more post-release content for it too.

All in all, I'm glad I sent my launch copy back and waited because this is definitely the best version of the game to play by a long way. Time to find a nice small game to play now!

Soldato
I spent an hour or so last night finishing up the last of the NCPD dispatch jobs, then realised that meant I was only a few trophies away from the platinum. Spent another hour or so on those and the plat was mine.

The game is now uninstalled. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom