Cyberpunk 2077

Soldato
I've had the game completely crash out a few times and had a few other odd bugs too like my character getting stuck in the crouch position and not being able to jump, as well as cars just randomly getting stuck on what looks like nothing

Last edited:
Soldato
Had a couple of hard crashes too in the middle of Oda and Sasquatch fights; both occurring AFTER I'd installed the PL DLC. Not had a single crash or noticeable bug with over 60 hours of play prior to the install. Odd.

Soldato
For those who have been playing Phantom Liberty, when do you think is the "best" time during the main game to start it? I'm currently on my first playthrough of the base game and am really enjoying it, so I'm considering picking up the DLC too. I've read a few different suggestions though, some have said it's best left till near the end/before a certain quest due to PL featuring callbacks to earlier events, characters, quests etc in the main game (as well as changing the ending?), others have said you can start it earlier and just have it blend in with the rest of the game.

Any thoughts, or am I overthinking it?

Soldato
For those who have been playing Phantom Liberty, when do you think is the "best" time during the main game to start it? I'm currently on my first playthrough of the base game and am really enjoying it, so I'm considering picking up the DLC too. I've read a few different suggestions though, some have said it's best left till near the end/before a certain quest due to PL featuring callbacks to earlier events, characters, quests etc in the main game (as well as changing the ending?), others have said you can start it earlier and just have it blend in with the rest of the game.

I started it as soon as Songbird called - iirc I had done the initial Mox stuff, and the first few Voodoo Boys bits (including the Black wall iirc).

Honestly - the only thing that I felt I missed out on, by not ploughing through the main story more, was meeting Wizzy Lizzy; there's a pretty awesome bit where Delicate Weapon by Grimes plays and you can watch the concert (one song only). If you've done her mission(s) in the main, the she knows you, and it opens new dialogue, and allows you to pick up her headdress

Soldato

I was in the same position as you and only started the game after the 2.0 update and was ploughing through the main questline but doing side quests and gigs along the way with the silly hope the PL DLC would drop 5 quid by the time I got to the point of no return in the main questline. I then suddenly realised, after 45 hours of play, I had completed the main questlines in a certain order as they split into two threads which meant the trigger point for the DLC for my play through was at that point of no return! Purchased the DLC, reloaded and the call came in to visit Dog Town.

Soldato
I was in the same position as you and only started the game after the 2.0 update and was ploughing through the main questline but doing side quests and gigs along the way with the silly hope the PL DLC would drop 5 quid by the time I got to the point of no return in the main questline. I then suddenly realised, after 45 hours of play, I had completed the main questlines in a certain order as they split into two threads which meant the trigger point for the DLC for my play through was at that point of no return! Purchased the DLC, reloaded and the call came in to visit Dog Town.

Hi

Ive already completed the story in the past, but I restarted a new save with 2.0 recently, Ive done act 1 and a few main quests in act 2, what’s the quickest quest line to get to the dlc?

edit/

Nevermind, think I need to concentrate on the Judy quest line and get to Transmission quest.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi

Ive already completed the story in the past, but I restarted a new save with 2.0 recently, Ive done act 1 and a few main quests in act 2, what’s the quickest quest line to get to the dlc?

edit/

Nevermind, think I need to concentrate on the Judy quest line and get to Transmission quest.
Yes; I also looked at a guide to better understand the trigger point but what is not obvious is that quite a few main missions are chained, effectively roll in to each other and before you know it, you've played through 3 or 4 without realising it!

Soldato

I've been mostly focusing on side jobs and the non-main quests lately to avoid progressing the main story too much in case it locks me out of stuff I haven't done, so I may pick up the DLC this weekend. Thanks. :)

Soldato
Those that have completed the Phantom Liberty dlc, is The Killing Moon main quest the last quest?

Im not worried about side quests as want to move onto other games, just wondered if this quest will wrap things up for the main story?

Thanks

Soldato
Those that have completed the Phantom Liberty dlc, is The Killing Moon main quest the last quest?

Im not worried about side quests as want to move onto other games, just wondered if this quest will wrap things up for the main story?

Thanks
I think there are a couple more after that one, but are smaller in scope - and it depends who you chose to betray; I wasn't expecting that, so Googled the outcomes of each, picking the one that would give the most extra missions.

I've dropped out of Cyberpunk for a bit, as I pretty much overdosed about 80 hours of it, so moved over to Callisto Protocol and a bit more Hell Let Loose - but will go back to mop up the last few Phantom Liberty missions, and might even get around to finishing the main games story this time too

Soldato
I think there are a couple more after that one, but are smaller in scope - and it depends who you chose to betray; I wasn't expecting that, so Googled the outcomes of each, picking the one that would give the most extra missions.

I've dropped out of Cyberpunk for a bit, as I pretty much overdosed about 80 hours of it, so moved over to Callisto Protocol and a bit more Hell Let Loose - but will go back to mop up the last few Phantom Liberty missions, and might even get around to finishing the main games story this time too

Think the mission I mentioned was the last for the path I went down. Likewise might go back to it at a later date to mop up any side stuff.

Soldato
Completed this last night and went through a number of different endings (Arasaka and NUS). Thoroughly enjoyed the bleakness of it all; easily up there as one of the best games I've played in recent years and ended up plugged about 90 hours in to it. Shedloads of content still left to do but I'll take a break from it (DS remake on SX next).

Back
Top Bottom