Dark Souls 3

Soldato
Yeah, PvE I remember having lots of strategies that helped me out like that. I recall liking the RKPGS for the Ringed City DLC. The weapon art one shot lots of the tougher enemies, I think, and knocked down those it didn't kill.

I can still manage PvE mostly, even if I'm a bit clumsy with it, but it's PvP where I am really struggling as that needs more precise reactions and I'm finding it much harder.

I have access to most weapons, rings and spells. I just have no idea what would give me the easiest time with all these invaders. We both really want to coop, but it's quite hard to progress at the moment if I, as the (supposedly) experienced player, can't help put up effective resistance to the endless steam of red phantoms because I am too rusty and my game knowledge has all but evaporated.

As it will proabably take too long to re-git gud and I don't want my lad's enthusiasm to wane in the time that takes, I am looking for some foolproof (ish), cheesy (ish) set-ups. Just something to give us a chance now we are both decidely un-gud...

Associate
Any tips, since it looks like invasions are going to be something we are going to have to deal with and they are currently blocking our progress a bit?
You can turn off the online aspects in the menus can't you - so no more invasions. I recently did this when playing ds1 remastered as the invasions annoyed me. Often a good pve build is not a good pvp one so I just avoided this aspect for first playthrough

Soldato
You can turn off the online aspects in the menus can't you - so no more invasions. I recently did this when playing ds1 remastered as the invasions annoyed me. Often a good pve build is not a good pvp one so I just avoided this aspect for first playthrough

Yeah, I did that from time to time when playing on my own in high frequency invasion areas, but now my lad and I want to coop and going offline disables that too.

It's a pain really. I know the invasion mechanic is part and parcel of the game and people see it as balancing the game for those who summon sunbros, but it's my lad's first ever souslike and I am rusty as all hell and was never a good pvp-er anyway. We get invaded instantly every single time I enter his world and then continually every time the invasion timer renews. I don't know if it's because there aren't enough new players now for the experienced invaders to invade, but it's pretty much constant and never-ending.

I checked out the profiles of the invaders after our last session. They had a minimum of 1,500 and a maximum of over 5,000 hours in DSIII! Even my NG+++ PvE save only has about 130 hours, and I've not played for two years now.

There's no way we're beating these guys and that means we just can't progress in coop, which is quite upsetting as we (well, I...) had been looking forward to DS coop for ages. :(

Hence me needing some cheap anti-invader tactics...

Soldato
Just starting my very first Dark Souls game (having platinumed Sekiro - my first platinum ever) - wow, what a phenomenal game! I've tried it and was completely unimpressed couple of years back, failed and gave up at the very first boss. How wrong I was :D

Also, below is a quick video for fellow pad users on how to configure a separate kick button on a joypad. (There is a gesture button, but to kick you have to time analogue direction + RB? With millisecond accuracy? what a joke.) Kicking knights' shields and stabbing them in the chest is just awesome. The whole combat system just rocks, I do not find it inferior to Sekiro at all now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom