Dark Souls 3

Soldato
https://store.darksouls3.com/uk#/cart - lowest price

New trailer revealed at E3.

Platforms confirmed: Xbox One, Ps4 & PC

Not much info at the minute but I noticed this when looking around for the date E3 2015 began.

Namco will announce Dark Souls 3 at E3, a source familiar with the matter has told VG247.

In news guaranteed to delight fans of the series, Demon’s Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne director Hidetaka Miyazaki is again heading the team.

Miyazaki, the father of the Souls series, moved onto a supervisory role for Dark Souls 2. Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura co-directed the sequel.

The platform to be used for the announcement is as yet unknown, but our source guessed the title may come during Sony’s E3 press conference on the Californian evening of Monday, June 15.

We received no specific details of the game itself.

Dark Souls 2 settled two points higher on Metacritic than the original, but some fans and reviewers disparaged the sequel over the fairness of its approach to Souls’ trademark ultra-hard difficulty level.

Series-watchers may be shocked at the announcement’s timing: Sony dev boss Shuhei Yoshida confirmed in late May that Bloodborne is to be expanded, and that more details will be announced “later this year”.

E3 takes place in Los Angeles on the week commencing June 15. We’ve reached out to Namco for comment.

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2015/06/02/source-miyazakis-dark-souls-3-ready-for-e3-announcement/

HYPED :eek: :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
25 minutes after release and Dark Souls 3 needs an update that won't download. Oh Valve you never cease to amaze me. I thought the Xcom 2 launch was shocking...

Soldato
OP
Looks like that is the end of my game, everytime I load and get in game at one of the bonfires, walking 2 steps crashes it to desktop every single time. :(

Soldato
OP
What have you tried so far?

Teleporting to other bonfires and carrying on from there, as soon as I get up and move it freezes and comes up with 'DS3 has stopped working'. Validating files, lowering settings, using SweetFX and then removed it again once it still crashed. Tried using keyboard and mouse with pad unplugged, tried running from bonfires staring at the ground or the sky. Can't think of anything else at the minute. The distance I can get from a bonfire is very consistent too, as soon as I leave a bonfire in any direction it crashes after about 6 feet.

Thankfully crashes seem like a big issue for a lot of people so it will eventually get patched out, I hope?

Soldato
OP
Looking around the web, lowering your lighting settings might help with bonfire crashes. That's what I'm going to try later anyway.

Edit: Nvm, that's presumably what you meant by 'lowering settings.'

You may be on to something there, before I just resorted to setting everything to low and it still crashed. This time actually maxed every setting and kept lighting on low and it didn't crash. Might be worth noting for people having the same issues.

Soldato
OP
Yeaaaaaa no, my visions of being a katana wielding nut job from the get go was promptly shunned.

That katana dude is INSANELY OP!!!! I started as thief simply as I'm going max dex build. So I've had to buy a scimitar for now.

Overall, it feels JUST like DS1!!!! LOVING ITTTT.

EDIT: First boss took 2 attempts, and I managed to kill the crystal lizard before hand (before lighting the first bonfire mind!), all with my measly dagger.

Parry, Parry, Parry, Parry, Parry, Parry, Parry, Parry, Parry, Parry, victory

Just don't try and parry his jumping or charged sheath attack thingy, they aren't parryable it seems and kinda hurt. :p

Soldato
OP
The Estoc is pure cancer in PVP, had my first loss last night to some little winky spamming R1, took him a very long time but eventually his 90% rolling paid off as once he finally landed a lazy sloppy hit he could follow up with 3 more before I could roll out, which was 70% of my health.

He was honourable though which is a shame, he never healed even when I had him on a smidgen of HP and I was full, yet he used that weapon... Bizzare. Seems like a 420 blaze it MLG weapon for unskilled win at any cost screw fun kind of people in PVP.

Soldato
OP
Aye, I feel a lot of people will skip that area as it's only there if you venture enough.

Sounds like you're being a sore loser haha.

I've not used the estoc, but surely it doesn't cause enough stagger to stun lock you?

I'm still using my Uchi and have about a 50/50 win ratio on PVP. I'm still only about level 40 though and in the first 3rd of the game. Hoping to try out some new builds soon with the respec options. Might go strength with the huge butchers weapon (can't remember the name). Looks like a fun weapon.

It stunlocks you for 3 hits, then you can roll. There are greatswords that can stunlock too. They are actually hard to hit with though, an estoc you just do a rolling light attack which is about as fast as dagger then spam r1 for another 3 hits. He did 70% of my HP but had fire buffs for his spells, I bet he would have killed me if he managed to hit me when buffed. :eek:

It was my uchi build that lost to it, shame parrys do barely any damage anymore because its a monster for that.

I'm struggling to find a reason to PVP with anything but a longsword atm, too many close calls with the uchi.

Soldato
OP
Pontiff Sulyvahn was disappointing, looked badass the first few seconds then becomes about as hard as Gundyr was. Still waiting for a hard boss, they've been well designed but mechanics wise are a borefest. Can I fight a dwagon pweeze?

Soldato
OP
What the actual ****.......

I just spent nearly an hour fighting Yhorm and broke 4 weapons in the process... No doubt it's like the great souls in Dark Souls 2 vs the King dude but I can't for the life of me figure out what I was meant to do, 50 odd minutes of smacking his ankles like a terrier vs a t rex to kill him, someone tell me it wasn't designed like that!

Back
Top Bottom