***Dayz: Stand Alone Thread***

Soldato
I've only recently started playing DayZ again after getting into Tarkov for last few months and it's actually not too bad now. I have played a mix of vanilla and modded (community) servers and there are definitely still issues, but even comparing the crashing issues the mod had, there are definite improvements.

Personally I'd say the game is in the best place it's been with this recent patch, since 0.62. Cars are way better than they were, frames are really good, desync isn't too bad (on a good community server). Don't get me wrong, there is plenty I don’t like still but I’ve had to accept that it won’t have the same feeling as 0.6x did (started on 0.60) – I think many that played the mod have this ‘rose tinted’ view of the game but nothing will ever be as good, so if you can accept that then it can still be really worthwhile. I think DayZ will always be one of my favourite games, simply as still there is no other game on the market that gives the same scale of open world and interaction, without any kind of soft skill/class/ranking system.

Price of it went up after it went full release in December so I doubt it would drop much in the Steam sale, maybe 10-15%. I bought my second copy from G2A about 18 months and it was fine.

Associate
I don't think it's there yet game wise. The environment is excellent and very atmospheric. The zombies are way better than they ever was.

Since they released modding support there's been some awesome mods and there will be loads more. Apparently epoch is getting made for it.
There's also dayz expansion mod that getting made which reminds me of arma 3 exile.

Caporegime
noticed on some of the modded servers now it doesnt look that bad. wouldnt play vanilla but if you check out the modded ones it looks decentish. 16,000 playing so plenty on.

Associate
Was going to post but you all beat me to it, i agree the modded side to this as brought the game back from the deadz, i use The Nest servers unlimited running, map and markers it really does take the boring out the vanilla side for me.

4 of us from work have been playing not been on much from when it all come about 5 years ago we all say it feels like the old dayz.

We have a base, it runs very well 60 fps at 4k everywhere have the odd stutter sometimes the server can play up from time to time ,but all in all its getting there we have had some good fun the last 2 weeks.

Soldato
Cheers guys.

3700x and vega64. Runs great. Just started getting back into it on the modded servers.

So 2700X with Vega 56 should run it fine.. you think upgrading to 3700X/3800X might be of any benefit to me?

Also just been testing again, i have installed RadeonMod (not RadeonPro) which has given me FlipQueueSize 1 option and Dynamic Vsync, using this with Vsync Off in game and MSI Afterburner/RTSS frame limiter.

These options need putting into the Radeon driver software because a lot of the stuttering has gone on the one server i was just testing on for an hour and when i do get the stutter, tabbing in and out of inventory usually fixes it much better than it did before.

I tested an Nvidia MSI 1050ti Gaming X card last week (which was sent back) and on all Low settings i had zero stutter, with an RX480 and Vega 56 there was a lot of stutter so this is definitely favouring Nvidia.

Anyway i'll do some more testing to see if this stays better, knowing my luck it'll go to **** on a different server.

Feels like i'm getting somewhere after 3 years of issues.

Soldato
I wouldn’t upgrade to a 3700x/3800x if you already have a 2700x for gaming. I doubt you’d notice any real difference

Yeah i didnt think it would but thought i'd ask anyway :)

With all the BIOS issues and me wanting to stick with my X470 i'd prefer to wait for bugs to be ironed out a bit.

I'll post back when i do more testing, i found the RadeonMod thread over at Guru3D forums so i have some reading to do :p

Soldato
1.05 is has dropped to Experimental cant wait for that to come to the modded servers :)

Yeah the infected can hear you on open voice now and you can also climb up onto some buildings.

On my Stuttering in the game, was fine last night, today its hit and miss, even on the same server.

I really cba to reinstall Win 10 again, im sure that isnt the problem. I fresh installed 10 a few weeks ago, installing the drivers i needed, Steam and the game, stuttered from the off.

Game is terrible, i must have been a right git in my previous life :mad:

Associate
Yeah the infected can hear you on open voice now and you can also climb up onto some buildings.

On my Stuttering in the game, was fine last night, today its hit and miss, even on the same server.

I really cba to reinstall Win 10 again, im sure that isnt the problem. I fresh installed 10 a few weeks ago, installing the drivers i needed, Steam and the game, stuttered from the off.

Game is terrible, i must have been a right git in my previous life :mad:

That is a shame ive had some random stutters on and off some nights, all in all its quite smooth for me i am running 4k getting 60 fps 90 percent of the time, hope you sort it.

Associate
Had this since 0.61 build (June 2016?).

Was same on a Intel 6700K system, replaced everything except for sticking with AMD.. go figure :(

That is so odd back in the day i had the 6700k too was fine, is it not your internet connection maybe i am guessing you have already done this route ? My mates got the new AMD chip his runs smooth mmmmmm

Soldato
That is so odd back in the day i had the 6700k too was fine, is it not your internet connection maybe ? My mates got the new AMD chip his runs smooth mmmmmm

Actually called Virgin today, they said it was fine.

I have 386mb down 36mb up.. its weird man. I even tried it with the Super Hub Firewall/Wifi disabled.

Seriously tried everything i can think of.

Maybe some cables need replacing but i dont get any issues in any other game i play, online or not.

Associate
Actually called Virgin today, they said it was fine.

I have 386mb down 36mb up.. its weird man. I even tried it with the Super Hub Firewall/Wifi disabled.

Seriously tried everything i can think of.

Maybe some cables need replacing but i dont get any issues in any other game i play, online or not.

Right my mate was told his internet was fine ( Virgin he lives down the road from me) he had nothing but trouble, he ran some programe for several days and it showed the dips in his packet loss etc, i will ask him later what it was called so you can maybe try it, he went out and brought his own gaming router and his seems fine now. Strange how its just dayz then.

is it stuttering all the time or random ?

Soldato
Right my mate was told his internet was fine ( Virgin he lives down the road from me) he had nothing but trouble, he ran some programe for several days and it showed the dips in his packet loss etc, i will ask him later what it was called so you can maybe try it, he went out and brought his own gaming router and his seems fine now. Strange how its just dayz then.

is it stuttering all the time or random ?

Cheers for that, will keep an eye out for your posts, thanks.

Just testing with my phone ISP tethered to PC.. Virgin Mobile LuL

Stuttering is random.

Back
Top Bottom