***Dayz: Stand Alone Thread***

Associate
Rocket just replied to a topic calling him out, here's a copy of what he said for those interested.

Rocket said:
I'm still here, things are very busy. Things are good. But I absolutely have to focus 100% on this. That means no family, no friends, no facebook, no twitter - no nothing.

This is probably the hardest thing I've ever done, because nearly everything else I've done nearly entirely myself. This is now a major team effort, but I hold the vision. That means I have to be about six places at once, and if I loose that focus for a moment that costs us.

There's only one thing that matters to this big team now, and that's do the best we can to make a good game. That's really the only promise I can make, and the only one I should ever have made.

Soldato
Really want to see this stand alone out already!

Saw the footage showing item degrading recently and it got me wanted to play Dayz. Shame it takes me like 15 minutes to find a suitable server in the current mod.

Soldato
Based on what?

Taken too long to be released, a lot of the features that it's supposed to have are already in other mods i.e origins.

Apart from the bag ui and a slight graphics tweak nothing appears to be new and original.

People have moved on from DayZ, a lot of my current clan and myself included we hammered DayZ for months and gradually all stopped playing. Unless stand alone brings some pretty big new features I can't see many of the original playerbase returning.

Soldato
Taken too long to be released, a lot of the features that it's supposed to have are already in other mods i.e origins.

Apart from the bag ui and a slight graphics tweak nothing appears to be new and original.

The Dayz mod performance is crap, and is too open to scripting. Both of those issues have been fixed in the stand alone.

A mod is never going to be able to do what can be achieved by building the game from the ground up on the engine.

Associate
Server side hosting itself is massive. Client side is just a scripters paradise.
Looking forward to it, lots of good features, if not being brand new I'm quite sure they will be easier to use.

Most of DayZ user base playing origins? Where did you pull that one from? Overwatch & Epoch are most popular at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom