DC Vault

Soldato
OP
The WUs seem to be massive. Its saying about 10 days to complete :eek:

The ones I've picked up are going to complete in less than 4 days, this is on a 2700K, are you running 4 WUs and do you have HT enabled? I did notice that with HT on it was only using 50% CPU despite the client saying it was using 1-2 cores for one WU, 3-4 cores for another ..etc, so I turned it off, and it's now maxed out, I did try running 2 instances but it just seem to take twice as long, maybe there's a slight percentage advantage but I couldn't see it.

Associate
I might give 17 or bust a look tomorrow. will finish these 16 units first.. from memory GIMPS does suck on CPUs so it was a silly idea... but thats what holidays are for.. the forgetting of information :)

Associate
hmm... those TF units completed in 1.3 days.. Think i will keep GIMPS up till the end of the day before i swap (37% complete on the second set of WU), i got a feeling i can get a bump out of it and its still low hanging fruit. We need to grab all the gains we can if we want to stay ahead of EVGA.

Associate
well i've switched to 17orBust but i'm not sure what use i will be. CPU only so these WUs are SLOW :) still.. at least i can do 16 at a time.

Are there any settings i can fiddle with to improve performance?

Soldato
OP
well i've switched to 17orBust but i'm not sure what use i will be. CPU only so these WUs are SLOW :) still.. at least i can do 16 at a time.

Are there any settings i can fiddle with to improve performance?

I'm pretty green myself, but as I said in a previous thread with HT on the CPU load ran at 50% with it off 100%, so watch out for that, and the windows client reports to the server once a day by default, I *believe* the daily credit is only temporary until the WU is complete.

I have 4 threads running with HT off and each WU will take just under 4 days on a 2700K, credit seems to be around 10T a day.

Last edited:
Associate
Hmm.. well these WUs are gonna take 10 days on my E5620s... they are only 2.4Ghz chips though. I will wait ans see what daily credit i get before i worry.

Soldato
I notice DIMES has been added back on DC Vault since they fixed their stats. Our ranking on there is pretty good but it might be worth doing anyway since it runs in the background and uses virtually no resources. The project is supposed to be trying to map the internet or something just doing traceroute and ping. I used to run this ages ago but have not installed it on any recent builds and I think all the systems I originally installed on have been relaced now. It has been 6 years!

Soldato
OP
@Remos you're looking pretty good so far, 10T on your first day, we took 19 places in SoB yesterday :cool:

@Phil I'll check dimes out.

..and we almost certainly will take 13th spot today, as well as how great we're doing in SoB, I've just dumped 500 Gimp WUs.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Correlizer has been removed from the vault, the quote is: "Deactivated until they get work units", we will gain 1500 pts on seti.USA because of this though they would be behind us anyway if the RC5 & OGR-27 stats were working properly.

Last edited:
Associate
Spotted that, and its very annoying :) But then again it gives us a chance to sneak up on people without them quite knowing our true position... Sneaky Sneaky.

Looking at the stats on digik-oz there might be a few places to direct some effort coming up.

Back
Top Bottom