DDR5 with a £100 budget?

Soldato
Biggest issue on AM5 is a total lack of 2 DIMM boards. AMD have made good progress with AGESA but 4 DIMM boards really add extra strain on the Ryzen 7000 IMCs.

If you snag a 2 DIMM board you'll have a good chance of making DDR5 sing if your IMC is at least decent (6000~6200 easily, 6400 1:1 if your IMC is good and then 8000 in 2:1 is easier than 6400).

The Asrock B650M-HDV/M.2 punches so far above its weight right now it's not funny. Not sure OCUK sell it though.

I've got a X670E GENE myself, stupidly overpriced board lol.

Indeed eyeing up the b650m myself. Seems to be able to handle the 7800x3d with relative ease?

Associate
Indeed eyeing up the b650m myself. Seems to be able to handle the 7800x3d with relative ease?

Handles the 7950x with ease as well. Don't let the power phases put you off, all other EXTREME motherboards power phases are just total overkill for Ryzen processors.

A world record was set on this motherboard

Last edited:
Soldato
Handles the 7950x with ease as well. Don't let the power phases put you off, all other EXTREME motherboards power phases are just total overkill for Ryzen processors.

A world record was set on this motherboard

Good to know! Vrm temps do seem to sit a bit higher than other boards but for price point it's a steal!

Soldato
Yup. For this reason I won't recommend Corsair kits for ddr5 but people get all bent out of shape about it

Having done some research some Corsair Vengeance CL30 kits have Hynix A die chips so it's not as simple as ruling out Crucial all and sundry as far as I can see. I am looking at an AM5 upgrade and availability of Non Crucial kits can be sketchy, hence the research into Corsair specifically to see what Hynix dies were available with them (If at all)

Back
Top Bottom