• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***DEAL OF THE MILLENIUM - MSI GTX 470 Twin FrozR ONLY £143.99 Inc. VAT!!*****

OcUK Staff
Hi there

I think right now our competitors are literally face palming with these deals were doing, so check this one out:-

MSI GeForce GTX 470 Twin Frozr II 1280MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £143.99 inc VAT

GX-117-MS_400.jpg

Key Features
- Twin Frozr II Thermal Design - Reduces Heat by 16C and Noise by 21.5dB
- Dual 8CM PWM Fans : Air flow from dual fans can cool down GPU/Memory/Power Module at once.
- Five heat pipes with SuperPipe Technology
- Nickel-plated Copper Base : Large size of Copper Base can dissipate the heat of GPU faster.
- Military Class Components
- Hi-C Cap provides more precise GPU voltage.
- SSC (Solid State Chock) has No Buzz noise and higher current for better overclocking ability.
- All Solid CAP for longer lifespan.
- Over voltage function of GPU
- Supports over voltage function of GPU by Afterburner, and performance can be up to 15%!
- PhysX & 3DVision Surround technology
- Support PhysX technology effects for realist physics effect.
- Support 3DVision Surround technology to provide 3 monitor output simultaneously and real 3D image experience. (3D Vision surround for 3 monitors require 2 cards running in SLI mode to work. Need to work with 3D monitor and 3D glass.)

- Specifications
- Voltage Tweak Technology
- Twin FrozR II 5 Heatpipe Dual Fan SILENT Cooler
- Extreme OC Potential (Voltage tweak, Military capacitors, uprated cooling)
- Core Clock: 607MHz
- Memory: 1280MB GDDR5
- Memory Clock: 3348MHz (Effective)
- Memory Interface: 320-Bit
- Processing Cores: 448
- Shader Clock: 1215MHz
- Bus Type: PCI-Express 2.0
- Display Connectors: 2x Dual-Link DVI-I & 1x Mini-HDMI 1.3a (Includes HDMI & VGA Adapters)
- SLI Ready
- HDCP Capable
- DirectX 11 Support
- OpenGL 3.1 Support
- PhysX Enabled
- CUDA Enabled
- Warranty: 2 Years

Was [£199.99] Inc. VAT

Only £143.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Our competitors are all around or above £200 for this same card, were over £60 cheaper, in percentage terms that is nearly 50%, yes OcUK nearly 50% cheaper. THIS PRICE IS PRE-ORDER ONLY and stock arrives Friday, on Friday we shall increase the price by approx £10-£15 still making us over 30% cheaper than anywhere else or a good £40-£50. :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Very tempting offer but what is the difference in speed between this and the 480 (which I have already got on order). I tend too feel that sticking with the 480 is going to be the better idea unless of course the 470 is really close in price

The 480 is faster and can be overclocked well.

The 470 MSI is quieter and runs cooler and overclocks too. But outright speed wise the 480 is faster and can also be clocked. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Just so you know I think that Gibbo has got another 480 deal in the horizon, MSI 480s for £179.99 inc VAT. I saw those in the website this morning when the speculation was rife. I reckon they will go live when the Asus 480 deal ends.

Incorrect!

You saw MSI 480 in our clearance section. I have no deal on any other GTX 480 from any other vendor or anything in the pipeline. So your wrong sorry.
If you look in our clearance section you will see a few graphics cards including a few GTX 480's at £179, but they are not new stock.

OcUK Staff
OP
Another question, is this card a reference design. To maybe watercool later on?

I am not sure sorry, I'd have thought not as I know MSI make a lot of modifications to the card to make it as good as it is. But better to ask someone who already has one. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
There were 10+ of them this morning. Did they all go in 10 minutes? ;)
I mean, I don't care mate, you do a good job getting the offers in and I usually buy from you!

Our B-Grade/Clearance lines sometimes has issues with stock levels, you will see there is a few 10+ clearance line wheras there really is not, unfortunately its a bug in the system, hence there was like 1-2 which are now sold and gone.

But as I said no more 480 deals in the pipeline, we've done the 470 deal with MSI. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
You've already proved you're incapable of making a decision. Get out! :p :D

I think I may just cancel my 560SOC order for this card - the extra £90 just doesn't justify the additional performance of the 560 tbh.

To be honest I know it means us loosing the sale of the more expensive and more profitable GTX 560 but I'd also advice the GTX 480 instead as its simply far better value for money.

Back
Top Bottom