• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***DEAL OF THE MILLENIUM - MSI GTX 470 Twin FrozR ONLY £143.99 Inc. VAT!!*****

Associate
I hope they have some left as I have just been informed that my less than two month old 470 FROZRII card has just been sent to MSI by OCUK and could take upto 28 days to be replaced!

Matt

Soldato
Does anyone have any idea how these feel in the hand? I know it's an odd thing to ask, but the GTX200 series were built exceptionally well. They felt like a quality product, an absolute unbreakable brick of a graphics card. As a result I have no qualms about pulling it out of my machine at will if I need to get at something, or putting it in a different machine for whatever reason. Looks like lots of random sticking out bits, is it flimsy?

Associate
Why can it never be simple! Looking for a new GPU this week and I find two bargains lol. The MSI 5850 or this GTX 470? Price difference negligible. As I only game at 1680x1050 I keep telling myself I only need the 5850, especially for the lower temps/power consumption. But something just keeps drawing me to that 470 lol.

Soldato
I'm wondering if it would be possible to change my shipping method to saturday delivery? Obviously I'd have to pay the extra....

maybe if others wish to do the same we can set up a thread where we post order numbers?

of course that's if they arrive today (which I'm sure they will)

would be nice to spend tomorrow boxing up my old card so I can sell it on and get the new one installed and all configured. Rather do it this weekend than one evening after work

Thanks!

Soldato
Why can it never be simple! Looking for a new GPU this week and I find two bargains lol. The MSI 5850 or this GTX 470? Price difference negligible. As I only game at 1680x1050 I keep telling myself I only need the 5850, especially for the lower temps/power consumption. But something just keeps drawing me to that 470 lol.

IIRC, the card which competes with the GTX470 isn't the 5850 but the 6870. Not sure where i read that but I'd stick with the 470.

Soldato
I'm wondering if it would be possible to change my shipping method to saturday delivery? Obviously I'd have to pay the extra....

maybe if others wish to do the same we can set up a thread where we post order numbers?

Any idea how much it'd cost to upgrade (from free forum member delivery) to Sat delivery?

Soldato
I know it's £13.50 for Saturday delivery, I'm just wondering whether it's still the same to upgrade from free, or whether they'll just charge me the difference between Sat and normal delivery, which I get free :)

You're probably right that they'd charge the full whack, which isn't worth it just to get it tomorrow instead of Monday tbh.

EDIT: Apparently it's £9.90 to upgrade. Gonna leave it as I'm not that desperate :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom