• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***DEAL OF THE MILLENIUM - MSI GTX 470 Twin FrozR ONLY £143.99 Inc. VAT!!*****

Soldato
sorry if this been asked a million times, had a look through this thread, but the 5850 is £10 cheaper.. but is it much worse?
The 5850 is not "much worse", but the 470 is faster at stock and will overclock better than a "V2" 5850's. The 470 also has 25% more VRAM (useful for high res/settings) and handles tessellation effects better.

Soldato
as we sold 300 in one go

If that is in one order then let me get my cynic mode on..

<cynic>
It's one of your competitiors that ordered and they plan on sitting on the stock until OCuk raise their prices after Friday or OCuk runs out. In either case, said competitor will then sell their lot at a higher price and sit back as the profit comes in.
</cynic>

It's either that or someone REALLY wants to get to the top of the Folding@home charts :D

Soldato
if someone ordered 300 I assume it was over the phone?

the last website (dont know about this one) had a limit on how much you could spend. I know this as I was bored at work one day and spec'd up my lottery winning PC :D:D It said I had to phone up to place the order :cool:

Associate
How long would a GTX 470 running games at 1080x1920 last? Is it going to be good for Crysis 2 and other games this year?

Also how does tessellation performance compare to the GTX 5** series and the 6*** series

Back
Top Bottom