Dell S2716DG - Dells first G-sync

Associate
Honestly not 100% sure.

Still waiting on Dell to get back to me, lol.

The Consumer Rights Act introduced in October 2015 states that if goods are faulty, the retailer must pay all return delivery charges. And also that the customer doesn't need to return them in their original packaging.
Only if the goods are working fine, but are being returned because the customer no longer wants them for some reason, does the customer have to pay return costs and return in the original packaging

Associate
Revision A03 April 2016. Thought I would post my ICC profile using Colormunki Display.

Targets 2.2 gamma, D65 120cm brightness

Brightness 25 @119cm

Everything else factory defaults. Give it a try. I have had positive feed back with others using my profile.

http://www.filedropper.com/dells2716dgd65_3

The only complaint I have had from others. It seems to dark for them. Brightness wise. I explained they are just not use to 120cm and having a really high brightness judged by the naked eye. What they think is right for them. I always target 120cm since I feel it is perfect for night and day time viewing. Pretty standard target as well in general. Also for others that have never applied one before. Here is a great how to that is simple to follow. https://pcmonitors.info/articles/using-icc-profiles-in-windows/

Last edited:
Associate
Going to be a week tomorrow since I started to contact Dell about my issue, still no sign of a new replacement being sent out...

Gonna be really annoyed if I hear nothing from them tomorrow.

Soldato
Has anyone ever seen the inside of these monitors ? I'd be really interested to see if an actual G-Sync module is actually being used or if Dell went the displayport standard route.

I just don't trust company's ^_^

Associate
I though this monitor was supposed to be favourite with everyone because of Dells customer support, I might have a look at other makes if there are going to be problems with Dell anyway

Associate
I though this monitor was supposed to be favourite with everyone because of Dells customer support, I might have a look at other makes if there are going to be problems with Dell anyway

Idk why it's taking so long. They just keep telling me to have patience and wait for them to set up and order/delivery details etc.

Soldato
As I noted before, with the monitor only being three days old you should have just pushed for a full refund from OC and then decided what to do.

Sorry that you are in this situation.

Buying a monitor is very much a gamble these days, as it was when I did.

Best of luck.

Man of Honour
Has anyone ever seen the inside of these monitors ? I'd be really interested to see if an actual G-Sync module is actually being used or if Dell went the displayport standard route.

I just don't trust company's ^_^

Wouldn't get g-sync enabled in the nVidia control panel if there wasn't the FPGA on the other end.

Not like you have much choice if you want 1440p, 144Hz, G-Sync and my experience with Asus RMA was no better than what Upgrade is dealing with - personally I'm liking the Dell much more than the ROG Swift it replaced.

Last edited:
Associate
So the best thing to do it seems is to return your faulty monitor for a refund and then just buy another straight away

yeah, will do this for the future, lol. I just wanted it easier and exchange it on delivery. Only downside with returning/buying another is the wait without the monitor and money, but it's what I'd recommend than trying to get a new replacement from Dell..

Associate
LOL, it's getting worse:

"Hi,

Thanks for your email. I've checked the service request that you have provided and our team from Social Media already processed a replacement for your monitor. The reason why it takes too long it's because, the replacement monitor will came from our factory which is in China. The whole process may take 2 to 3 weeks. I hope that our Social Media team already informed you about the turn around time. Thank you and have a great day."

No one has ever said 2-3 weeks.. I was told 5-7 working business days.

Jesus Christ, Dell.

Associate
LOL, it's getting worse:

"Hi,

Thanks for your email. I've checked the service request that you have provided and our team from Social Media already processed a replacement for your monitor. The reason why it takes too long it's because, the replacement monitor will came from our factory which is in China. The whole process may take 2 to 3 weeks. I hope that our Social Media team already informed you about the turn around time. Thank you and have a great day."

No one has ever said 2-3 weeks.. I was told 5-7 working business days.

Jesus Christ, Dell.

Dell is just jacking you around. I am going on my 5th brand new replacement. Its a long story. Here is how the defects went.

1. Dead pixel in the middle of the screen.
2. Dirt/smudge physically underneath the screen.
3. Side butt cheeks developed.
4. 2 dead pixels and side butt cheeks developed again.
5. Waiting on Dell.

First 2 was returned at Best Buy. 3rd one I decided to work with Dell. Big mistake. Horrific support. It took them over 2 weeks to get me a brand new replacement sent to me. This last time to get a replacement. They wanted pictures. Fine by me and they approved another brand new replacement after seeing them. These newer A03 versions are complete garbage. No way can someone get 4 bad ones in a row. All being brand spanking new. Revision history I received.

1. A03 May 2016 (Best Buy)
2. A03 May 2016 (Best Buy)
3. A03 June 2016 (Best Buy)
4. A03 April 2016 (Dell.com)
5. Pending

Associate
Oh, damn.. I hope I don't have to go through the same ordeal and hopefully the replacement I get sent (whenever that will be?) will be in perfect condition.

Man of Honour
Ouch so far my A03 seems like a good one. Someone really needs to start cracking down on monitor quality control though.

Associate
I hope not either. I have owned other Dell monitors. Including currently the U2412M and U2415. I have always bought their UltraSharp series. This is the first non UltraSharp I have had from them and it has been a complete nightmare. I don't think its Dell themselves. Its who they are using to make the panels for them. They have extremely bad QC and making Dell look really bad at the cost of their name. I have read these panels are complete garbage. I did not want to believe it and thought it was all hot air. I have also read others going through a similar experience I am going through. I thought it was people just trolling Dell. Wrong again. As I am experiencing it myself. I did not go with Asus or Acer because they are even worse off. Along with the customer service. I went with Dell because of the better QC and strong warranty. But, the QC does not exist with this particular model. Price was also a factor. I got mine for $450 and with these kind of specs. It was an absolute steal. Nothing else comes close to these specs for the price I got it for. When its not on sale. Dell wants $699. With the QC issues and it being a TN. Its worth no where near that asking price imo. I would not even consider it at that price.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Dell aren't exactly covering themselves with glory on the customer service side though either - looking around there are a few recent reports of people being messed around with the authorisation for a replacement.

I've not had to deal with them before in relation to a monitor but with other hardware I've had good experiences with their CS/RMA so shame if its going downhill.

Soldato
I don't think I have had a bad experience from Dell's CS. I want to get this monitor but I may aswell wait for i58. AOC, Benq and everyone will be there. Ill see them for myself and decide. :)

Back
Top Bottom