Dell S2716DG - Dells first G-sync

Associate
We understand that it could be very inconvenient. We have been trying to expedite the replacement process. As of now the estimated delivery date that we have on our records is 16th of September 2016, and we are trying in every way possible to get it expedited. In case if you would approach the retailer for RMA, I request you to please keep us informed.^MG

Associate
Dell support guys ^ been in contact with them since the 8th August to get a new replacement for my monitor that was only 3 days old.

If you have problems with your Dell monitor, go through Overclockers first.

Associate
Crap. Just got a text 20 mins ago saying my Dell order is getting delivered tomorrow, but I cancelled it 5 hours ago via Twitter to Dell support and they acknowledged it. I said I'd RMA with OC to Bailey in a private thread, but he didn't reply back.

Not sure if this delivery is from Dell or OC.

:S

Associate
New monitor arrived from Dell, zero dead pixels. Seems good thus far!

Bit of a headache trying to get it sorted with Dell, but 10 days later the new monitor arrived. They haven't taken the faulty monitor back yet, though. Delivery driver said he wasn't to take it, but he might get sent out again to collect it. Weird way of doing it, but whatever. Told Dell about it, they said they'll arrange a collection. Not really my problem if they don't :p

I hope I haven't put off anyone wanting this monitor with the troubles I had trying to get a new replacement. It was just such a confusion when I was trying to sort it via Phone, email and Twitter. Lots of different people saying different things, but the outcome was a success.

Associate
Might have spoke too soon.. 30 mins of it being plugged it, it's randomly went very low detail, the text is blurry, resolution is still at 2560x1440. The font seems changed, it's hard to explain.

Also I go into games and the g-sync doesn't kick in.

Associate
It's so hard to explain. The monitor seemed perfect for ~30 mins, everything crisp and clear, then all of a sudden it goes to low detail, everything is a little fuzzy, colours aren't 100%, no longer crisp/clear. The font seems different. However everything on my other monitor is fine?

Confused..

Man of Honour
Might have spoke too soon.. 30 mins of it being plugged it, it's randomly went very low detail, the text is blurry, resolution is still at 2560x1440. The font seems changed, it's hard to explain.

Also I go into games and the g-sync doesn't kick in.

If that is the same fault as the Asus that really shouldn't happen right out the box :S (which makes me wonder if it is really a new monitor) but try disabling deep sleep in the OSD first.

That can also happen if the display port lead isn't quite connected right and/or something is lowering the bandwidth over the link i.e. GPU power saving issues.

Getting a bit fed up of the issues with these and the Asus they really should be sorted by now - decided to keep my Asus rather than RMA it as I have the equipment and experience to swap out the faulty DP socket myself and tempted to have a go at rebuilding the board that appears to be the cause of the fuzzy text failures (my 2nd Asus isn't exhibiting that problem yet so might be possible to prevent it).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Makes me a bit suspicious as that fuzzy text failure on the Asus with the same panel has all but been confirmed to be due to thermal breakdown of components over time and shouldn't happen on a new monitor out the box - assuming that is the cause of it.

Associate
It's flickering like crazy now, has a slight pink tint to some of the windows on the desktop. Going to try the faulty monitor that I originally had with the dead pixels. Unbelievable if this new one is faulty!

Man of Honour
Have you tried disabling Monitor Deep Sleep in the extras menu on the OSD? probably won't help as I'm pretty sure this is the problem that has plagued the Asus panels - but solved some image corruption issues some people had on the Dell.

Associate
I have, yes.

Just plugged in the monitor I originally had with dead pixels from OC and it's picture perfect, just the dead pixels.

The new monitor that was sent my Dell, which was A03 June 2016 - everything seemed factory sealed and it seemed brand new, yet after 30 mins it went all fuzzy, etc........

Looks like this new monitor is faulty, wtf.

Associate
Gonna RMA original unit back to OC (setting that up as we speak) and get Dell to pick up this new monitor that was sent today.

Was the issue I was experiencing a common issue? The fuzzy text/pink tint/very low detail/flickering screen. Also I noticed when the monitor powers up, you can see very blatant horizontal lines on the white background as it starts up.

Man of Honour
A LOT of the Asus version of the monitor suffer from it after a few months to a year - I've not seen it reported really for the Dell though.

Every single person I know IRL with the Asus has RMA'd their monitor atleast once and one person is on like their 5th or something I lost count - pretty bad that it isn't sorted by now.

Associate
Oh god... odd that it happened 30 mins after unboxed.. First thing I did was check for dead pixels, none. I assumed it was perfect after that, then boom, went to low detail crap. Nothing I did fixed it. Plugged in the original Dell from OC, perfect.

It's sad how you pay £500 for a monitor and it has all these issues :( First time buying an expensive monitor and so far it's not gone so well, lol.

Back
Top Bottom